Category Buyer - Technology
Category Buyer - Technology - Oxfordshire - £30k - £35k + Bonus + Package
To Apply: Contact Adam at JobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
This ground-breaking technology service provider are offering an up and coming procurement specialist/buyer the opportunity to develop & progress their procurement skillset in an organisation renowned for developing talent.
The Category Buyer will independently manage a £multi-million portfolio of projects, liaising & negotiating directly with the supplier base to maximise efficiency and performance within your category.
As a Category Buyer - Technology you will:
- Work alongside own £ Multi-Million procurement sub-categories and strategic sourcing projects from cradle-to-grave, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM) phases
- Proactively sell strategic procurement initiatives to senior stakeholders, positioning procurement more effectively within the organisation and gaining crucial buy-in from Divisional Heads, Sales Directors and the Managing Director
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the team, picking up broader commercial responsibilities outside of typical Procurement & Sourcing (e.g. progressing toward P&L ownership and wider commercial management)
- Focus on complex IT & Technology procurement categories across Enterprise Software, IT Services, Consultancy, Telecoms, Hardware, Data Centre & Resale spend areas, managing both leading IT suppliers as well as bespoke and niche vendors
- Report into the IT Procurement Leader, benefiting from one-to-one coaching to ensure your promotion within 12-18 months, either in the IT Procurement team or another category
Category Buyer required background:
- Strong candidates will have an impressive track record within your early procurement career to date, progressing from Graduate Buyer to Strong knowledge of procurement process, with strategic (as opposed to just tactical) sourcing experience
- Strong analytical skillset with interest in procurement
- Degree qualified & studying CIPS (preferred though not essential)
If you are a passionate, self-starting procurement professional looking for real responsibility and exposure, this thriving business is promising an exciting career.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, indirect, direct, IT, Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Resale, Oxford, Reading, Basingstoke, Milton Keynes, Abingdon, Didcot, Oxfordshire