Logistics Co-ordinator - Great role offering variety
Our client is a well respected business who due to growth in the business have a newly created role which offers plenty of variety.
The role will suit an individual with strong interpersonal skills and good organisational skills.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of the company and to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arranging and monitoring container orders from Asia and South America
- Arrange and allocate booking times for European deliveries
- Organise and create customs clearance instructions
- Checking and expediting shipments and telex releases
- Scheduling deliveries into warehouses including checking the paperwork has been received by hauliers in a timely manner
- Reviewing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Investigating and resolving shipping issues
- Updating and monitoring of information in internal systems
- Accessing third party websites to enable tracking of shipments
- Arranging deliveries to European locations including raising and issuing relevant paperwork
- Liaise with HMRC to obtain correct HS codes and duty rates for new products
- Obtain and arrange shipments for air freight
- Negotiate rates with shipping companies.
Role related knowledge, skills, behaviours, qualifications and experience required
· Proven experience with at least two years in logistics or shipping
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as negotiation skills
· Knowledge of laws, regulations and HMRC’s Harmonised Classification
· Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
· Good IT, including excel, skills with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company with a great team atmosphere.
Keywords: LE11/LE1/West Bridgford/Quorn/Melton/Derby/Nottingham/Shipping