We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join an international industry leading business based in Liverpool.
As a dynamic Purchasing Assistant, you will issue purchase orders to our suppliers and keep the stock management system and order schedules up to date and accurate. The ideal candidate will understand, from previous experience, the challenges involved in purchasing products from overseas suppliers and be able to efficiently control all incoming shipments to maintain optimum stock levels at all times and prevent lost sales due to stock outs.
Key responsibilities and duties...
- Issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Liaising with the wider team on stock outs and queries
- Managing and updating order schedules with suppliers and frequently contacting them to ensure orders are being shipped on time
- Updating the Orderwise stock management with PO details and confirmed stock-in dates
- Liaising with customers over shipments that are being sent directly from suppliers to customers
- Communicating with the Operations Manager to book deliveries of incoming shipments to the warehouses
The role has the potential to advance in due course to include further jobs such as forecasting future stock requirements and order planning.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes...
- Successful track record (5+ years) of working in a Purchasing Department
- Previous experience dealing with overseas suppliers
- Able to work to work in a time critical environment
- Very task focussed, diligent and organised
- Pays meticulous attention to detail at all times
- Not afraid to challenge existing systems/procedures and implement improvements
- Comfortable with taking on highly responsible parts of the Purchasing Function and having personal performance measured by KPIs
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Hands-on experience with stock management software
- Comfortable with working in a team
- Accepts change and fresh direction from senior directors
- Well presented
- Able to deal with problem situations in a calm and professional manner
Working hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Salary of £23,000-£26,000 (depending on experience)
- 20 days holiday+ 8 days statutory
- KPI based bonus
- Free onsite parking
- Auto-enrollment pension.