Commodity Manager - Direct Materials
Our client is an innovative and international Manufacturer with 7,500 employees. The organisation is recognised for their state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and their footprint is expanding globally. They have an opportunity for a Commodity Manager to join their Directs Procurement team in their new office in central London.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract but it is highly likely to become a permanent job.
The company culture is supportive and multi-cultural. The company Values include integrity, ambition and adaptability, which support a culture of career development and team work.
The role will focus on Electronic and Electrical spend including digital sensors, information systems, etc.). You will be challenged by cost reduction pressures and you will need to identify and deliver creative ways to work with suppliers on cost reduction as well as value-add.
This is a challenging role because the Procurement function is immature but growing quickly, so you will need to balance strategic and tactical procurement – supporting the manufacturing sites whilst shaping the supply base and raising the profile of Procurement.
You will work with suppliers across Europe and the UK as well as stakeholders in manufacturing plants across the UK, Europe and Japan. The business is growing and is looking to expand into North America.
• Develop a procurement strategy for your assigned commodity including spend and demand analysis and supply market analysis
• Identifying, approving and setting up potential suitable suppliers
• Setting the sourcing strategy for new contract opportunities
• Contract drafting, negotiation, approval and contract award
• Lead on contract reviews with manufacturing teams
• Support the business with supplier non-performance
• Conduct supplier performance reviews and risk management activity
• Be prepared to do one monthly trip to Europe; one annual trip to Japan
Skills and experience required:
• Directs Procurement commodity experience gained in the Manufacturing sector (automotive, oil and gas, engineering, defence or rail are all ideal)
• End to end procurement skills – strategic sourcing to contract management
• Proven experience in developing suppliers and, preferably, changing/switching suppliers
• Appreciation of cost saving methodologies, for example, value engineering, logistics optimisation, etc.
• Experience of working in an international company and able to display multi-cultural empathy
• Experience of working in cross-functional teams
• Strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
• Highly motivated, ambitious, highly organised and committed to long-term success
• Degree calibre
Apply for Commodity Manager - Direct Materials
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly