Interim Senior Accountant - Warwickshire
- Interim Senior Accountant - Warwickshire
- £200-250p/d, Warwickshire
A Senior Accountant is required for an exciting role in Warwickshire for a Global500 Energy and utilities organisation, and world leader in their field. You will be required to provide oversight for the ongoing integration of activities between global teams and providing support and guidance to the transactional finance functions. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your experience in a fast-paced, dynamic function operating internationally.
- Oversee the integration of activities and resolve issues by coordination with international finance teams.
- Work closely with the local business and manage key balances, including AP, AR, Cash Allocation, Cash in Transit and Intercompany payments and receivables.
- Identify key process issues and bottlenecks and implement process to reduce aged balances.
- Guide and train the teams to improve service levels and processes.
- Prepare and present Key metrics to senior management teams, showing clear progress and process improvements.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly closes processes.
- Ensure the quality of accounts reconciliations and Balance Sheet analysis, to ensure the compliance and the integrity of the accounts
- Provide guidance and support to the Controllership team to maintain an effective financial system and provide information necessary to perform controllership responsibilities
- Establish standard operating procedures related to processes impacting the financial statements
- Liaise with group appointed Auditors in the UK and Abroad
- Manage internal controls and self-assessment
- Ensure timely execution of the SOX 302 and 404 requirements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, review and recommend changes
- A degree in accounting or finance and/or a recognised accounting qualification
- Proven years of experience in accounting, financial reporting or auditing
- Excellent communication skills: experienced in working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions.
- Demonstrated proficiency of US and UK accounting
- Excel, including pivots and formulas - experience of presenting key metrics to business leaders
- SAP proficiency