Buyer x 4 (Multiple Categories) - FTSE 100 Globally recognised organisation
4 days left
- Full Time
As a market leader in their field, this organisation delivers world-class facilities and outstanding service levels on a Global scale. Due to several internal promotions, four Buyer opportunities have arisen across all Categories supported by the Procurement function. These Categories encompass; Indirects (bias towards IT), Hospitality and Leisure and Technical.
Reporting into the relevant Category Manager, the team sizes range from 2-6 Buyers depending on what Category you will be supporting.
The emphasis on these roles is about your ability to engage with the business, negotiate well and be adept at managing a demanding schedule.
You should be passionate about procurement and have proven negotiation and stakeholder management skills. Proactive and forward thinking, identifying opportunities to positively influence supplier relationships and performance are essential traits for this role. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast- paced environment but not limited to a purchasing role currently if you are able to demonstrate the softer skills required. Successful Buyers previously performing these roles have joined from Retail, FMCG, Services and Hospitality Sectors.
The Buyers are responsible for tactical sourcing, negotiation, contracting and purchasing as well as working closely with stakeholders, to ensure quality, service levels, cost and reporting to meet the commercial and internal customers’ needs. From operationally tactical roles to those with more of a strategic focus, this is a fantastic time for pro-active and professional buyers or aspiring buyers to be joining the business
In order to be successful within the role you will have knowledge of purchasing systems and processes and good/up to date knowledge of MS-Office with strong Excel skills.
- An Influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility
- A team player, encouraging communication and sharing of information within the team, customers and stakeholders
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Good negotiation and procurement practice to achieve cost savings
- Positive and proactive individual with an ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Natural problem solver with experience of leveraging operating efficiencies
- Experience of maximising value for money
- Previous experience in preparing, issuing and evaluating tenders and other procurement documentation
- Experience of full end to end purchasing is desirable, but not essential
This is a great opportunity to join a FTSE 100 organisation and either start your Procurement journey or continue building on your career. This organisation is an employer of choice on the South Coast with a fantastic reputation. To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.