Sourcing Manager’s (4) - IT x 2, FM & Estates and Professional services
Sourcing Manager’s (4) - IT x 2, FM & Estates and Professional services, salary up to £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Brunel University London,a world-class educational institution offering a wide range of courses in London, with over c12,900 students and c2,500 staff, and a total income of circa £216 million (2017/18).
In 2016, Brunel celebrated its 50th Anniversary since being awarded its Royal Charter in 1966, and it’s mission has always been to combine academic rigour with the practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative approach pioneered by namesake Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
We are supporting Brunel as it transforms its transactional ‘tendering team’ into a commercially focused, centrally coordinated ‘Procurement Services’ function; becoming an integral and valued (internal and external) strategic partner with increased execution capability.
As part of this transformation, we are recruiting a number of Sourcing Managers (Professional Service, Estates & FM, IT) to support and deliver Category Plans which underpin the sourcing strategies of the University. Each Sourcing Manager will primarily focus on one category area and will deliver value by establishing strong relationships and proactively engaging with and working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders. Whilst you will have a day to day focus on one category area you may also be required (dependant on project pipeline) to deliver procurements in other categories.
Reporting into the Procurement Director, you will:
- Take ownership of category vision and deliver Category Plans
- Be responsible for highlighting risk and issues and recording progress through periodic reporting.
- Identify and promote value added services across the University
- Deliver budget efficiencies and maximise use of University’s funds
- Procure and negotiate contractual agreements with an interest in recommending and promoting innovation
To succeed, you will be professionally qualified in MCIPS or similar,with a strong track record in delivering multiple high value/risk procurement projects using Project Management techniques. The post holder will ideally have experience of change management,excellent communication and influencing skills, and able to build sustainable and productive relationships with stakeholders. In addition, you will be resilient enough to excel within a newly created and changing team.
Further information is available at https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/brunel
For an informal confidential discussion about the role please contact Becca Farnon on 020 3031 9628 or email your application (CV and supporting statement of no more than 2 pages) by Sunday 17thMarch, 2019.
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)