Buyer - indirects
Based in Leeds
Circa £30k + Benefits
Fixed 14 month contract.
Our client is looking for an expeienced Buyer to help them on a fixed term 14 month contract within their indirects purchasing team.
- Procurement of Indirect capital goods and support services
• Drive material cost savings and efficiencies from the procurement of indirect goods and support service categories.
• Work with Supply Chain Leadership team to ensure end to end processes are in place to control, manage and report on agreed cost reduction targets.
• Build and leverage relationships with supply chain partners to drive value extraction.
- Owns the relationship with several key suppliers, undertaking periodic performance reviews with them.
• To leverage best value with suppliers across all procurement categories
• Ensure the attainment of all budgeted procurement cost optimisation deliverables, working with regional Senior Managers to ensure timely and consistent regional reporting
• Deliver aligned proposals to optimise contract initiation, review and negotiation processes, working with regional counterparts to leverage global purchasing power
• Creation and ownership of tender documentation as required leading and / or supporting Head of Department in the vendor selection and decision making process.
• Embed latest procurement processes and controls to ensure expenditure approval and forecast expenditure reflect group protocols, with clear governance and decision-making.
• Drive ongoing benefits from supplier rationalisation/consolidation to embed this activity into core working behaviours and not as one off projects
- Owning the relationship with specific suppliers and leading the relationship and the interface into the business
• Establishing strong lines of communication, both with suppliers and with all levels of internal hierarchy.
• Being adaptable and flexible to the needs of the different businesses, sometimes at very short notice
• Balancing several projects within various different categories at any one time and managing the delivery of each to acceptable timescales
• Obtaining valuable and accurate management information from systems to support procurement decision process
Skills, Know How and experience
- Relevant experience in a business environment with previous buying/negotiating and contract experience
• Experience of negotiation and supplier relationship management
• Demonstrable experience of developing supply strategies.
• Experienced in a wide range of indirect product & service categories
• Strong stakeholder communication to ensure excellent working relationships across all levels of the organisation
• Ability to think and work within a diverse range of established company procedures and standards and able to adapt to new policies as introduced.
• Ability to resolve problems demanding the selection and application of a well defined processes
• Excellent prioritisation skills
• Ability to influence within a matrix organisation
• Experience working within tight and changing deadlines
• Keen attention to detail
• Computer literate
- Responsibility for the procurement and management of a variety of Indirect type support service and facilities contracts
• Key responsibilities encompass coordination and delivery of the procurement, negotiation, contracting, management and administration of various categories of indirect and support services spend ranging from but not specific to Capital / revenue goods and support services, utilities provision, facilities services, marketing services, packaging, import/export logistics, CRC monitoring & compliance and many other diverse categories of indirect spend
• Commercial support for Indirect & Support Services type projects as they are identified and defined eg packaging automation, transit box optimisation, travel service providers, translation services, Supplier consolidation, etc.