Operations and Finance Manager
Operations and Finance Manager
30 hr week may be considered for the right candidate
Innovative and forward-thinking Charity Consultancy and think tank based near Southwark are looking to recruit an experienced Operations and Finance Manager to join their team!
This amazing organisation exists to support charities, funders and social enterprises be more successful in achieving their missions. Through rigorous analysis, practical advice and innovative thinking, they make charities' money and energy go further, and help them to achieve the greatest impact.
This role will support the Chief Operating Officer in the management of the organisations finances and operational activity including line management of the Finance Executive.
- Lead on resourcing staff for projects, tracking the progress of projects, monitoring utilisation of staff and highlighting and escalating any issues or risks
- Lead on the preparation of management information and dashboards
- Ensure service contracts, grant agreements and outsourcing agreements are fit for purpose and provide advice on modifications and VAT issues where relevant
- Provide operational management support to the organisation, ensuring business practices are fit for purpose
- Lead on the administration and development of Salesforce and manage the relationship with support providers.
- Lead on the day to day finances of the organisation, including cashflow, accounts payable and receivable and month end processing
- Lead on the preparation of budgets and income and expenditure forecasts, alongside weekly revenue calculations
- Lead on the preparation of financial management information and dashboards
- Ensure direct expenditure on projects is managed effectively by project managers and sponsors
- Manage the relationship with accountants, auditors and banking
- Manage the Financial Control Framework and ensure any changes are communicated where relevant
Whilst this role does not require a qualified accountant, it requires a high level of financial literacy skills
To apply for this role, you MUST have the following:
- Solid experience in operational management or financial management for a commercial or not-for-profit organisation
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence without authority and manage and build relationships with colleagues and facilitate discussion and resolution to issues to ensure compliance and a smooth-running organisation
- Interest & experience in process improvements
- Experience of managing budgets and financial data with particular emphasis on understanding & reporting on key performance drivers
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical, data interpretation, team working & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to produce and present complex information as understandable reports and advice relevant to the varied audiences
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Able to manage multiple and often changing competing demands on time and under pressure
- Confident at setting priorities in the face of irregular demands and/or changes in business needs
- Able to work with and communicate clearly to people at all levels of the organisation
- Articulate, persuasive and tactful, with leadership qualities
- Working knowledge of VAT particularly with reference to grants and service contracts is desirable
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or CRM systems
- Experience in change management and managing organisation-wide learning and development
- Working knowledge of project management methodology
When applying for this position please include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the 'Must Haves' above. This cover letter will be used as part of the screening process.
Advertised by Office Angels, London Bridge branch Please note that due to the high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted. For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy