Bid Manager - Up to £55000 DOE + 15% flexible benefits package
Salary: Up to £55000 DOE + 15% flexible benefits package
Location: London, Hemel Hempstead and Winnersh
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and previously successful Bid Manager to join our Public Sector Strategic Sales team here at Sopra Steria.
Ideally, you will have a keen interest in Technology, as the majority of the bids you will be driving forward will be tech focused.
You will work toward fixed deadlines, with teams from Sopra Steria, suppliers and sub-contractors on multiple projects and bids, across a varied range of clients and customers, ranging from Defence to Emergency Services. This role is not for the faint hearted.
- You will be responsible for delivering bids, confidently to multiple clients and external audiences, under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- You will develop bid plans in liaison with the sales lead and solution owner and be responsible for managing them through to conclusion
- You will develop bid budgets and be responsible for managing to the budget
- You will write and edit/review customer proposal documents
- You will matrix manage a team of subject matter experts, including technology, business process, commercial and legal experts and provide sales process advice & guidance when required.
- An experienced bid manager, who has worked across all stages of the entire bid process with a successful record of accomplishment, winning bids in a competitive market
- Has worked on complex bids with a team size in excess of 10 people for a technology organisaton
- Highly competent in use of MS Office tools
- Experienced user of project planning software e.g. MS Project.
- Demonstrate a sales orientation with an understanding of bid management best practice
- Experience with bidding bespoke IT solutions, with an ability to think outside of the box
- Member of Bid Management professional body e.g. Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Experience of Shipley bid management best practice
- Knowledge of the Public Sector market
The successful candidate will be required to under-go SC clearance
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.