Demand Planning Analyst
Who are we?
The International Supply Chain team (“ISC”) was established in London to centralise video and games manufacturing and supply chain support across the Warner Home Entertainment (“WHE”) Affiliates and Licensees in the EMEA and APAC regions. The ISC is primarily responsible for the maintenance of product master data, creation of DVD/BD/UHD and games Purchase Orders (“POs”), inventory receipts, reviewing and approving inventory invoices, maintaining inventory standard costing records and valuing inventory. ISC provides support to affiliates in improving processes across supply chain to reduce cost to serve.
What part will you play?
To be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Demand Plan for all media formats within SAP by populating the “placeholder” and “actual” demand forecasts as required to deliver a “rolled up” demand quantity per title for both short term and long-term planning.
The Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for working closely with the Head of Supply Chain, Commercial, Marketing and Finance teams to build a strong accurate forecast, utilizing SAP and Salesforce.
The Demand Planning Analyst will analyse trends and monitor forecasts to ensure efficiency throughout the business and to ensure that financial targets are met, and risks and opportunities are identified.
- Build the overall UK and Ireland rolling Demand Plan in SAP by collecting and inputting placeholder forecasts (e.g., budget, re-forecasts, Customer forecasts), followed by actual orders as they become available (e.g., by Customer or by title)
- Attend the New Release Planning Meeting (new release S&OP meeting) to understand all new release activity and plans, and to actively participate in the discussions regarding anticipated demand (shipment requirements).
- Maintain a very close working relationship with the central Demand Planning and Material Resource Planning (MRP) teams to ensure the UK Demand Plan is being interpreted correctly into the consolidated DP and that local territory requirements are fully understood
- Provide the Head of Supply Chain with a regular inventory update, covering over stock risks and slow-moving inventory.
- Work with Head of Supply Chain and Catalogue Marketing on title opportunities and SKU management
- Review the purchase requisitions raised by International Supply Chain twice a week and decide whether we require a purchase order to be placed
- Analyse ‘stock in trade’ and work with sales to return excess stock from retailers
- Carry out stock reconciliation on the Consignment titles and customers
What do we require from you?
- Significant experience working with planning systems (ideally SAP, APO) in an analytical role
- Inventory management over a large volume of SKU’s
- Successful proven record of interaction with internal and external clients at all levels within a corporate environment.
- Good understanding of Distribution Logistics
- Experience of maintaining the full life cycle demand/inventory management plan.
- SAP, Business Objects, Microsoft Office or other similar systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and influence people from multiple teams in multiple locations
- Good presentation skills, mainly for internal presentation requirements
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong planning and analytical ability
- Good business acumen, forward thinking
- Strong project management and critical path understanding and implementation skills