Connect Managed Services is a thriving, unique technology company with headquarters based in Moorgate, London, providing Managed UC and Contact Centre Services to global businesses.
We specialise in managing, supporting and delivering complex UC and Contact Centre infrastructure for multi-national clients, worldwide. With Clients such as Barclays, TNT, Tesco, UBS, Verizon and Johnson & Johnson, we are leaders in our field.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a company with huge plans, a supportive training environment and hugely rewarding culture then please read on and look at this role.
MAIN DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has become available due to growth and the requirement to centralise all buying within the Commercial team. The job is a mix of purchasing and inventory management with some admin in both roles, but due to the nature of the business you will get involved in other areas where you can add value. You will need to be physically fit to carry out the inventory management side of the role. We are looking for someone with a young, can do attitude who is a keen, flexible person, ideally with some experience but most of all is eager to learn within a dynamic, changing environment.
Responsible for reading, understanding and complying with Connect’s Information Security and Quality policies.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
1. Purchasing for new orders
· Checking Customer PO matches the Connect Quote, margins are as expected, and checking the buy prices originally quoted are still the best available.
· Creating the PO’s on our internal (NetSuite) system and getting PO’s internally approved.
· Placing PO’s on suppliers, obtaining order acknowledgments confirming prices / lead-times.
· If the PO is for maintenance or professional services, tracking it through the internal processes to ensure we invoice the customer.
· If the PO is for hardware, responsible for accepting and checking deliveries against PO / delivery notes, advising if there are any discrepancies and dealing with them to completion.
· Storing hardware until the Customer order is complete, despatching to customer site following configuration, ensuring customer is invoiced once hardware ships.
· If hardware is sent direct to customer, obtain a POD from supplier and ensure you inform finance customer can be invoiced.
2. Purchasing for internal Spares
· Placing PO’s for all spares requested by the Engineering team.
Be that following a new customer take-on, to replace spares following a faulty part being replaced on-site, or urgent spares to be sent same day direct to site / engineer.
· Ensuring that all faulty parts coming back into stock are checked internally.
Arrange and manage return of faulty part from engineer or customers site back to our offices, arrange for faulty parts to be repaired or replaced (whatever is the most cost effective), update records during the process to ensure records are always up to date and accurate.
3. Warehousing / Logistics
· Ensuring the Engineering team take the correct spares out of stock as required and return them when finished as per agreed processes, ensure we fully test spares before they are put back into stock if necessary and label spares accordingly, arrange despatch of replacement spares to customer site as required.
· Arranging the return of any unused spares or faulty parts so they can be put back into stock, repaired, replaced or disposed of according to the condition.
· Managing the process to chase Customers or Engineers when spares aren’t returned in a timely fashion.
· Updating internal departments throughout the duration of a customer’s order so they keep the customer updated.
· Ensuring that the escalation processes within your area of the business are invoked as required.
· Following a critical incident ensure that all actions and learning points are followed through to completion, after each critical incident happens, review the work done to fix the problem, check this against the current company processes in place and suggest improved processes if required.
FORMAL EDUCATION, TRAINING, KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Educated to GCSE standard minimum.
· Computer literate and confident with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel a must), other packages an advantage.
· Ability to form close working relationships with internal colleagues and suppliers.
· Good communications skills, being able to communicate at all levels within the business.
· A self-motivated person with excellent interpersonal skills.
· An outgoing individual willing to participate as part of a small but expanding flexible team.
· Experience in the Telecoms sector would be an advantage, but not essential.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Ability to manage and prioritise business priorities.
· European languages would be an advantage, but not essential.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to work on your own, managing your own time.
· Flexible enough to ensure we adhere to internal processes but at the same time understanding the Customer needs come first.
· Good communicator, with relationship building skills.
· Ability to unravel problems and clearly work out and understand where a process has gone wrong, and suggest improvements.
For information regarding the personal information that we propose to hold relating to you as a candidate and as an employee, how you can expect your personal information to be used, and for what purposes, please visit our website.