Export Compliance Specialist - Oil & Gas
An interim Export Compliance Specialist is urgently required for a global manufacturing and FMCG organisation. This role is fundamentally responsible for providing subject matter expertise to ensure compliance with export regulations applicable to the international procurement and shipment of materials by their upstream oil exploration segment.
This is an excellent role for any Export, Trade or Customs Compliance specialists with demonstrable experience and knowledge in regards to export control laws and regulations. Ideally you will have come from a similar background or role previously and ideally come from a global export background within manufacturing/FMCG. Our client is looking for someone who has strong experience in this field while also dealing with Procurement and/or Supply Chain functions. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to interact and influence stakeholders across multiple disciplines and geographies.
Your key responsibilities:
- Dealing with suppliers or manufacturers to determine or validate classifications of certain materials.
- Classify and understand materials for export while providing guidance and support to our client for classification of materials.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a database of classified materials.
- Provide export compliance training to procurement personnel.
- Demonstrable skill and experience surrounding export control laws and regulations
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, the ability to deal with various stakeholders internally and externally in the business, also globally.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with procurement and/or supply chain functions.
- Transferrable experience within a similar role to justify your status as a subject matter expert
If this position is of interest, please apply for the role now, and any questions, call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.