Customs Manager - Compliance & Audit - Full Time - Wimbledon, South West London
Our growing Customs department is now hiring a Customs Manager for the Compliance and Audit team. The core purpose of this exciting new role is to ensure the high quality and compliance of Lidl’s customs activity. With your extensive customs knowledge, you’ll be contributing to compliance processes and protecting Lidl from compliance risk. As well as being a specialist within customs compliance, you’ll also be managing a team of around 8 people covering not only Compliance and Audit, but also our Classification team.
If you have a deep knowledge and understanding of customs processes and formalities, experience of leading and developing a team and are looking for a new challenge in a fast paced, dynamic environment, this could be the ideal next step for you!
What will you do?
- Overseeing the process of customs classification and audit
- Building reports and dashboards
- Checking, reviewing and analysing data
- Identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes
- Managing a team of specialists day to day including delegation and workload management
- Training and coaching members of the Classification and Audit teams
- Building relationships with the wider business and advising on customs related issues
What will you need?
- Knowledge of applying the General Rules of Interpretation (GIR)
- Experience working with the Customs Integrated Tariff and Explanatory Notes
- Experience working with customs data and the codification of customs declarations
- Up to date knowledge of customs legislation
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Analytical mind-set with the ability to analyse large data sets and build dashboards
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative
- Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
- Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
- Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
- Confident using Microsoft Office packages
What do we offer?
- Earn from £40,000 with the ability to earn up to £50,750 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 10% discount on Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
More searches like this
- Import & Export Transport & Distribution £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Inventory Manager Transport & Distribution £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Logistics Transport & Distribution £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Operations Transport & Distribution £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (South)
- Procurement Transport & Distribution £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (South)