Principle Marine Electronic Engineer
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a leading Marine Electronics organisation who are currently expanding their Engineering team. Our leading Marine Electronics partner is currently looking for a Principle Marine Electronics Engineer in Hull.
The Principle Marine Electronics Engineer will undertake installations and repair services on Marine Navigational and communications systems on a variety of vessel types. The Principle Marine Electronics Engineer will also undertake small projects and lead a team of Engineers in their day-to-day duties both on-board ships and in the workshop/office.
The Principle Marine Electronic Engineer will conduct installations, and provide maintenance and repairs service for vessels safety, communications, and navigation systems. They are expected to conduct safety surveys of a merchant vessel in line with SOLAS requirements, the relevant Classification societies, or MCA. Through continuous development of technical knowledge, they are expected to advice stakeholders and customers when requested to support sales.
It is expected that engineers will promote sales of the company's goods and services during the course of their duties.
Key Responsibilities for the Principle Marine Electronic Engineer:
- Will lead the team of direct report Electronics Engineers to supervise activities and provide mentoring.
- Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises.
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises.
- Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents.
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
- Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Administrator to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience.
- Provide quotes to local customers for transactional and service business.
- To assist the sales team in using established personal contact and rapport with local customers to help with sales in other business areas.
Key Skills and Qualifications required for the Principle Marine Electronics Engineer:
Past experience in a service industry, as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems is essential. Good track record in customer service.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline
- Full driving licence
- Past experience in a service industry, as well as an in-depth knowledge of the wider maritime community is essential.
- A technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of Marine electronics.
- Experienced in engineering management and team leadership is essential.
- Good track record in customer service, sales or other applicable role in which customer contact was critical to success.
- Demonstrate and have skills to lead, manage and organise small projects
- GMDSS operator's certificate
- Radio survey experience
- BOSIET or OLF certification
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses