6 days left
- Full Time
Join us as a Procurement Officer
Nexus provide, plan and promote public transport to improve the economic prosperity of North East England and the daily lives of its people.
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Officer to join our busy procurement team. This position will ensure the efficient and effective delivery of a procurement service across a range of procurement activities in compliance with Public Sector Procurement Legislation. Ideally the successful candidate will be MCIPS qualified and able to demonstrate practical experience leading tender opportunities and the development of procurement documentation.
The role – Procurement Officer
Exciting times at Nexus means we are recruiting a Procurement Officer to join our busy procurement team. This position will ensure the efficient and effective delivery of a procurement service across a range of procurement activities in compliance with Public Sector Procurement Legislation.
The role will be part of the wider Corporate Procurement team, reporting to the Senior Procurement and Contracting Officer.
You will be a team player, contributing to the overall success of the department, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and compliant procurement service is provided.
Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified or working towards or willing to work towards the qualification and able to demonstrate previous practical experience in a procurement and tendering position.
You will have strong communication skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines providing positive support and guidance on procurement processes. Candidates must demonstrate practical experience leading tender opportunities and the development of procurement documentation. Knowledge of construction type contracts such as NEC3, JCT, MF1 would be advantageous.
This position will suit a Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Buyer, Senior Buyer or Graduate.
How to apply
Download an information pack from nexus.org.uk or email email@example.com
For an informal conversation about the role contact Julie Warnett, Corporate Procurement Manager on 0191 203 3446.
The Selection Process
Candidates will be required to complete an application form demonstrating how they meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for application is Monday 7 January 2019 at noon – please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the selection process, we may ask you to complete relevant and appropriate assessments. If offered a position with Nexus, we will provide a conditional offer subject to passing a satisfactory medical assessment by a Nexus specified Medical Officer, satisfactory references and evidence of relevant qualifications.
What can Nexus offer you?
- A competitive salary for the position, ranging between £19,410 and £29,114 per annum
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 36 hours per week and the opportunity to work on a flexi basis, within the demands of business need.
- A suite of work life balance policies and access to Childcare vouchers and other salary sacrifice options
- You will be automatically enrolled into the Local Government Pension Scheme (L.G.P.S.) Contributions are 6.5% of Gross Pay. Employer’s contribution is currently 17.2%.
- Free travel within Tyne and Wear on Metro, Buses and the South Shields Ferry.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and a healthcare scheme for you and your family.
Apply for Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Transport & Distribution £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Category Manager Transport & Distribution £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Procurement Transport & Distribution £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Purchasing Transport & Distribution £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne