Road Freight Forwarder
- Full Time
Road Freight Forwarder
£25,000 - £28,000
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a prestigious International freight forwarding company.
Our Client helps customers all over the world with their transport and logistics needs. Regardless of the size of the job, our aim is always the same: to provide a solution that best serves the interests of the customer in terms of time and price. This requires experience, flexibility and creativity.
Operating all modes including Road / Sea & Airfreight, Projects and Logistics. The UK has seen major growth in recent years and we expect this trend to continue. Our Client believes that people are their strongest asset and are currently looking to employ an enthusiastic and willing team member to join the Western European Road department in their Normanton branch.
- Responds to quote requests & bookings from customers (internal & external)
- Arranges transport in accordance with current agreement (eg. Agency agreements / Sub Contractors)
- Produces associated document eg. collection notes, manifests etc.
- Liaises with shipper / consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- To liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers business needs & markets.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Deals with ongoing queries and provides up to date information to the customer in respect of transported goods.
- Communicates with our overseas depots and forms a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintains efficient filing and records.
- Ensures accurate completion of paperwork.
- Arranges export clearance if required.
Specialist duties - Exports
- To plan the route for goods delivery.
- Ensures trailers are full and maximise profits from export departures.
- Ensures trailers depart and arrive on time.
- Ensures financial check of files in time for month end.
- This list is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to carry out other activities within your capabilities.
Skills, Qualifications and Education requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- GCSE in Maths & English.
- Good communication & customer service skills.
- Some experience from similar environment preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure & cope within high volume peaks.
- Good team player with ability to work on individual tasks.
- Ambitious with a view to progress within the company.
- Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and contributes to a positive and supportive working environment.
- Is customer focused and ensures the right outcome for the customer.
- Responds to requests on time and in the right way.
- Thinks in terms of solutions not problems.
- Takes initiative and offers assistance to team members.
- Has a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Accepts customer & colleague feedback and takes action to resolve issues.
- Understands the importance of achieving team goals and contributes / initiates solutions.
- Has a planned approach to work with a successful outcome.
- Looks for development opportunities outside the scope of their role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you believe you can fulfil this position, then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Sam Pardey, Alecto Recruitment. or call in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.