Senior Buyer | A British brand pushing the boundaries | Surrey
6 days left
- Full Time
As one of the UK’s most iconic brands, this Surrey based business is leading from the front with their innovative and forward-thinking approach. An established, yet still growing, Procurement function are recruiting a Senior Buyer to join them on their strategic journey.
Working in this fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a team who truly share the vison and goal to deliver breath-taking and thought-provoking technology. You will be an individual with passion, dedication and ambition. In joining this company, you will embark on an upward journey of progression, both individually and as part of the wider team.
Sound like something you want to be a part of? You will report directly to the Procurement Manager and be given autonomy to run full procurement cycles across direct commodities, mainly electrical components. As a senior member in the team you are encouraged to share ideas and input into the strategy where you can.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility of the procurement cycle to deliver high quality, value for money products/components and services
- Accountability for cost and budget management for multi-million pound direct-spend portfolios – mainly electrical components
- Work with stakeholders and establish relationships and long term development plans with suppliers based upon common goals and objectives
- Whilst following industry best practice, develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business
- Develop detailed and intelligent commodity/category strategies that align with the organisation’s commercial roadmap
- Mentor buyers within the team sharing best practice and encouraging development in others
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to lead negotiations and support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work off own initiative, problem solve and work with calmness under pressure
- Results driven nature with the determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards.
- A flexible approach to working hours and practices is necessary
- MCIPS qualified
- Over four years direct procurement experience
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled confidentially.