Head of Supply Chain
Head of Supply Chain - Five Guys
London Based with international travel. Competitive Salary + bonus + benefits
Five Guys started out in Arlington, Virginia back in 1986 when Jerry and Janie Murrell offered sage advice to their young sons: “Start a business or go to college”. The business route won, and the Murrell family opened their first burger joint called, simply, Five Guys after the five brothers. The formula was as uncomplicated as it comes. Burgers and fries – cooked to perfection – and that's it.
Over 20 years later, we have over 1,000 locations in the US and over 110 restaurants in the UK and Europe! We’ve got our sights firmly set on growing our UK operation and further expansion in Europe in 2019 – which means we’re building and improving our supply chain to ensure our customers can enjoy our perfect Burgers and Fries whenever and wherever they find us – which is where the role of Head ofSupply Chaincomes in.
What the Head of Supply Chain does in Five Guys.
Leading the development, implementation and enhancement of an international supply chain function is never straight forward. Add into the mix fresh (and we mean fresh!) produce, a business that works at record breaking speed across several countries across Europe and multiple suppliers and you’ve got a real challenge on your hands! But as an experienced Head of Supply Chain, this is exactly the kind of stuff you love - and are good at!
- Ensuring the right product, regardless of category, is in the right place, at the right time in right quantity.
- Constantly looking for opportunities to reduce supply chain cost and efficiencies and delivering the best value across the entire network of restaurants.
- Ensure strategic contract negotiations are conducted in a constructive manner, when sourcing new supply chain partners, you’ll adopt a rigorous tender and audit process.
- Set and develop a long-term logistics strategy for supply chain development through the business
- An expert planner with an ability to accurately forecast and report on supply and demand trends across an increasingly complex network and supply chain.
- Mitigating risks associated with fluctuating exchange rates and increasingly complex customs regulations.
- Develop best supply chain practices and processes for implementation within the business.
The skills you’ll need as a Head of Supply Chain.
You’ll have senior supply chain experience in a growing restaurant, FMCG or food logistics business, where you’ve not only established and maintained a supply chain function that’s highly responsive to demands of an ever-growing business and we’ll need you to be a strategic thinker who’ll ensure our supply chain evolves and improves.
You’ll have a meticulous eye for detail and probably used to working with large amounts of data that you use to analyse and report on demand patterns and trends.
As a great communicator you’ll work closely with our operations team, suppliers, and distributors across UK and our European territories to support the business in delivering on our promise of the perfect burger for our customers. Excitement is never in short supply at Five Guys. Things can (and do) change often, so you’ll be comfortable with prioritising your workload, still finding time for project work, all aimed at making us better.
People who are made of the Right Stuff for Five Guys share and demonstrate our values by being competitive, by being enthusiastic, having integrity and believe in the value of family. We prize getting things done above what you say and we’re all committed to the continued success and growth of Five Guys. If you think this all adds up to a great career move, you’d be right!
More searches like this
- Logistics Travel & Hospitality £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations Travel & Hospitality £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Procurement Travel & Hospitality £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Supply Chain Travel & Hospitality £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Transport Travel & Hospitality £70,000 - £79,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)