Global Procurement Consultant
An incredibly fast growing retailer recently gaining great market share seek an ambitious procurement professional to join their best in class procurement team. Due to a recent surge in sales you can expect this retailer to provide you with several progression opportunities within the coming years. With an array of multi million pound projects in the pipeline, you can expect to get involved and gain experience interacting and dealing with suppliers with an international remit.
With this role you will gain the opportunity to potentially travel on the odd occasion to the organisations global offices throughout major cities. Collaborating with senior members of the procurement team you will gain great visibility and learn from best in class procurement professionals with the option within a few years to grow into a direct position within a few years.
Global Procurement Consultant Responsibilities:-
- You will manage a large GNFR procurement spend throughout various GNFR sub-categories ensuring best for value products are sourced strategically on a global scale.
- Develop new innovative procurement cost savings strategies and reporting to senior members within the company outlining and presenting how the organisation can take full advantage of them.
- Negotiate and create relationships with both existing and new suppliers whilst developing a strong network for the various GNFR categories.
- Manage a large GNFR procurement spend throughout various GNFR sub-categories ensuring best valued products are strategically sourced internationally.
- Develop new innovative procurement cost saving strategies and reporting to senior members within the company outlining and present how the organisation can take advantage of them.
- Negotiate and create relationships with both internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for the various GNFR categories.
- Manage stakeholder relationships ensuring items are delivered on time adhering to JIT delivery policies.
- Cost controlling and forecasting for the largest spend category within the procurement department.
- Responsible for the full procurement cycle from tendering through to supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
Key Skills & Experience:-
- Showing consistent progression from graduate scheme with a blue chip organisation to buyer position to procurement manager within a 7 year period.
- Line management experience is desirable
- Great procurement experience managing a large procurement spend and delivering large savings.
- Previous experience managing a large procurement spend and delivering large amount of savings.
- Past experience negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour.
- Great communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- IT literate ability to use P2P systems such as: SAP/Oracle
- CIPs (Desirable)
- Degree level 2:1 or equivalent is desirable
If this role is potentially of interest to you and you feel you have the relevant skills and experience please contact Patrick at jobsPH@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Apply for Global Procurement Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly