Distribution & Transport Manager - FMCG/3PL
Distribution Manager - FMCG
Based in Northwich, Cheshire
Packagae Circa £60k + Bonus
Our client is looking for an experienced Distribution & Transport Manager from within either FMCG or 3PL to lead a large fleet of vehicles, drivers and a distribution centre.
To manage both the operational and strategic requirements of the Direct Delivery and Customer delivery departments with the team of Supervisors. Ensuring that both departments deliver optimum customer service to over 1600 stores, operate fully within the scope of the ‘Operators’ license and legal compliance and engage and motivate both teams of delivery drivers.
- Ensure a safe work place and embed an Everywhere, Every Day Safety culture
- Lead, develop and inspire the extended leadership and driver teams to deliver operational and customer service excellence.
- Understands industry and overall business operations. Understands the business implications of decisions. Aligns team's work to supporting the 5-year strategic plan.
- Proactively supports the commercial team in their quest to grow the business – find route to market for new listings and opportunities.
- Encourages honest, open communication with an expectation led, no blame mentality.
- Drive world class and benchmarked customer service metrics that exceed the customers expections in regards to on time, in full delivery and service professionalism .
- Ensures the team is fully trained; compliant and has on-going developmental opportunities, including CPC, regulatory and safety
- Leads the department by example championing the business and family values. Inspires commitment to the company, their services, and future success.
- Drive cost optimisation of the fleet and operation, seeking synergies and improved utilisation to deliver improved profitability, utilisation and efficiency.
- Lead best in class metrics around safety, quality, delivery, cost, tachograph infringements, speeding occasions and Working time directive requirements.
- Be an integral part of the Logistics team andthe wider business building relationships and a teamwork to embed the winning ethos.
- Be involved and lead, if relevant, any projects that are required to support the business strategy and 5-year plan.
- Through better use of fleet and available resources drive a continuous improvement of CO2 footprint helping deliver the family and business targets.
- Manage and reduce absence driving an attendance culture and meeting world class business metrics in area of responsibility.
- Constantly challenge the ways of working and create a continuous improvement culture with the Supervisor team, Logistics Project Manager and other stakeholders which delivers cost, service or engagement benefits
- Through the Supervisor team ensure that holidays, absence and company policies are adhered to on a daily basis.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV with salary requirements to email@example.com