Market Procurement Manager
Market Procurement Manager In this role, you have the opportunity to develop the procurement strategy for the capital expenditures for our world-class manufacturing site, Avent, as well as the Healthcare Systems & Solutions we provide to our customers.
You will need to take the lead in convincing senior partners that the suggested procurement route is the best for each bid Philips goes for.
You are responsible for
- Developing and managing a strategic sourcing plan for each of your allocated category areas: Industrial capex and manufacturing, facilities management, Healthcare Systems & Solutions, and managed equipment services
- Building and maintaining relationships with current and potential suppliers for your category areas, as well as key partners across our business
- Developing a full understanding of the cost base within your categories, including reviewing whole life cost / total cost of ownership
- Challenging the current cost base through negotiation, benchmarking, and tender activity as appropriate
- Achieving agreed savings targets
- Negotiating supply terms and contracts in line with standard terms and conditions
- Bringing innovation to your category and new ways of working
You are a part of a dynamic and ambitious Procurement team, reporting directly to the Market Procurement Lead for UKI in Guildford. This role also requires travel to our Glemsford and Chichester sites.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Previous relevant experience of sourcing in Industrial, Healthcare, and Medical environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience developing and sustaining relationships at all levels, both internally and within the supply base
- Proven ability to undertake whole life cost / total cost of ownership analysis, summarise results, and make recommendations based on those results
- Tried-and-tested ability to deliver in a pressured environment against defined savings targets
- Experience working within a large matrixed organization a huge plus
- Experience within a dynamic environment, with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent stakeholder management
In return, we offer you
- A competitive salary
- Access to private healthcare insurance and other flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday allowance from the beginning, plus bank holidays
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family-friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop which allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Monthly activities that promote health and well-being
- Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee promoting a host of social events throughout the year
- An Employee Assistance Program, provided by Validium, is available for all Philips employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Philips are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you will please provide evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting the qualifications, skills or experience defined as required. Philips is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this upon application.
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV’s as way of introduction.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)