Procurement Excellence Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Supply Chain Service Lead looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
To work with procurement teams across the Body Shop and the Natura & Co group to drive procurement performance. To ensure The Body Shop Sourcing teams have best in class training, processes, tools, performance, risk and supplier management systems. Enabling The Body Shop to work effectively with our suppliers to deliver profitable, sustianble growth.
To work with The Body Shop Sourcing Director and Natura & Co Global Procurement Director to build the Natura & Co Global Procurement structure. Developing and implimenting common processes, reporting, training, IT tools and sourcing performance projects to unlock group wide procurement synergies.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
1.1 Process Organisation & Compliance
- Ensure that The Body Shop needs are integrated in Natura & co guiding principles, methodologies and procedures
- Develop, maintain and ensure the deployment of sourcing processes and methodologies across all of The Body Shop sourcing teams and zones
- Build The Body Shop sourcing organizational alignment to Natura & Co process and structure
- Consistent management of internal control audits across The Body Shop Sourcing ensuring alignment with Natura & Co internal control guidelines
- Ensure The Body Shop needs are accounted for in the design of Natura & Co purchasing & procurement IT tool suite and deployment roadmap
- Manage integration of related Natura & co procurement tools at The Body Shop (deployment, on-going evolutions, new tools,…)
1.3 Performance Monitoring
- In coordination with the Sourcing Financial controller ensure the consolidation of all relevant performance indicators (, trends, Budget & Pre-Budget, price deviation analysis, quarter dashboards…)
- Work with financial controller and Sourcing Team Heads to develop, evolve and implement effective performance systems and indicators
- Ensure alignment of The Body shop performance systems and indicators to Natura & Co norms
1.4 Supplier Management
- Coordinate the provision of Supplier Performance Management indicators (evaluation, scorecards …)
- Structure and facilitate the Supplier Relationship Management process for Strategic Suppliers
- Work with legal to support consistency of contract management
1.5 CSR & Risk
- Work with the Head of Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing to ensure effective monitoring of The Body Shop progress against our ethical and sustainability commitments
- Support the alignment of The Body Shop, Natura and Aesop alignment on ethical and sustainability monitoring and reporting
SOURCING TEAM DEVELOPMENT
2.1 Coordinate Network
- First point of contact with Natura & Co Global Procurement
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders (Finance, DGO, etc.)
- Build alignment between Natura & co procurement , zone and TBS sourcing teams
- Coordinate internal and external sourcing team communication and events (innovation days, team days, Natura & co sourcing days, etc.)
2.2 Talent Development
- Work with Natura & co and HR Learning to define and ensure implementation of the sourcing curriculum for buyers
- Coordinate/ deliver sourcing team development training as required
2.3 Transversal Projects and Sourcing Director Support
- Contribute on transversal projects such as Transformation, SAP Arriba etc.
- Provide assistance to the Sourcing Director on strategic development of TBS sourcing
- Confident and highly motivated procurement professional
- Strong analytical skills combines with good commercial/ financial understanding
- 10 years Sourcing/ Procurement Experience in the FMCG industry
- Broad understanding of buying processes and techniques
- Negotiation and strategic change management
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement strategy development
- Multiple category knowledge (Subcontract, non-trade, gift, VM etc.)
- Proven track record of design and implementation of procurement systems & processes
- Experience of developing and implementing purchasing performance management systems
- Knowledge of internal control processes, their development and management
- Knowledge of SAP Aruba and other procurement tools
- Procurement team management and talent development
- Experience of integrating corporate functions following acquisitions
- Demonstrable attributes of attention to quality and detail and the ability to organize, manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate new concepts and ideas clearly in written, oral and other media
- Experience of managing and influencing senior and executive level stakeholders and peers
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills essential, other languages highly desirable – especially Portuguese
- Proficient and competent with IT – database, spreadsheets, SAP etc.
· A post graduate degree in business administration, procurement, supply chain
· management, or comparable experience
Our Global Support Centre is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!