Procurement Director - International Markets
At American Express Global Business Travel, we are driven by opportunity.
Join us today to upgrade to a first class career.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travellers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 12,000 employees and operations in nearly 120 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveller care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Global Procurement Director – Indirect (spend) commodity,
In this role, you will lead a team of Category Managers managing Indirect Procurement related activity across GBT’s global markets, handling 3rd party supplier engagements and Source to Pay (S2P) activity which impacts multiple markets/countries.
The Procurement Director for Indirect spend will partner with GBT business leaders, Risk, Legal, Information Security and other key stakeholders and take ownership to guide the business through the end-to-end S2P process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Representing the Procurement organization across Global markets at GBT
- Point of contact for the markets providing clarity on policy, procedures and controls relating to Procurement activities
- Leading the London based Sourcing team engaged in sourcing, implementing and managing enterprise supply agreements for approximately $300M in annual Indirect spend across global markets
- Deliver a 4% in year addressable savings pipeline for the company.
- Maintaining approved supplier list and a repository of supplier agreements to support the spend category across these regions.
- Reviewing new Sourcing requirements from the business, supporting new vendor requirements and ensuring GBT’s new third party relationships are managed to policy and procedure
- Partnering with the business to identify sourcing opportunities for the business.
- Build working relationships with key stakeholders to define their requirements, and develop the strategic sourcing strategy, commodity plans, define, prepare and negotiate complex service level agreements, process and determine requirements for ongoing supplier management.
- The Procurement Director is viewed as a trusted business advisor in which he/she influences budget owner executives to reflect project savings in their business unit’s budgets.
- Experience of leading a team of category managers supporting multiple geographies and locations
- Working in progressively challenging roles in sourcing, negotiations, category management and supplier management
- Broad experience of supporting multi market procurement activity
- Broad domain expertise across a variety of categories of goods and services, with deep, hand-on experience sourcing and managing suppliers in the following categories (but not limited to):
- Office Supplies, Promotional Supplies
- Print material, services related to fulfillment
- Professional Services, Contractors, Temps
- Financial and merchant services
- Technology solutions
- HR and Compensation and Benefits
- Experience in using e-sourcing tools to execute and manage sourcing projects
- Experience drafting, negotiating and structuring Agreements.
Location - London
Travel Required -20 - 40%
Job Type -Full-time Salaried
Career Level -Experienced (Manager)
Languages – Language skills preferable
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Enthusiastic, proactive contributor who takes on tasks and brings them to prompt completion
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and adjust priorities as necessary
- Proven strong administrative and organization skills; respect for confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and bring them to resolution
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail; work with minimal supervision
- Strong people manager with experiencing of leading and developing teams.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.