UK - LONDON (BABYLON HQ)
COMMERCIAL – FINANCE
PERMANENT, FULL TIME
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Babylon is undergoing significant change and wishes to appoint and experience procurement professional to embed a long-term value focussed procurement culture and practice and work collaboratively globally across the business to help drive the business forward.
Working with the business as a Procurement Centre of Excellence, you will need to combine a strategic procurement methodology with ‘hands on’ implementation, identify opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders and take accountability for delivering them. Savings delivery and contract optimisation will be a key aspect of the role, balanced with delivering the needs of internal stakeholders and overall business objectives.
Business areas have historically conducted their own procurement, so effective stakeholder management and education will be critical in this role. It will be extremely important to quickly gain credibility and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders firm-wide, in an environment where speed has taken priority over an effective procurement is not mandated. Special attention and care will be needed to understand and respond to specific regional differences in requirements.
You will need to build on and embed the procurement approach that has been developed, as well as introducing further best practice, particularly in supplier relationship management and in guiding, supporting and helping the business in its application while educating stakeholders in the benefits it brings. This is a role that will require an adept, confident and empathetic communicator to win ‘the hearts and minds’ of the business area leaders.
Your Role is to:
- Deliver and apply best practice procurement, contract management and supplier management and create an environment where these are consistently adopted globally across business areas.
- Create strong internal relationships and firm-wide buy-in to procurement best practice.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key spend areas, working collaboratively with business stakeholders to deliver a combination of quick wins and longer term strategic reviews and initiatives.
- Partnering with the business to define business requirements.
- Lead tenders, conduct negotiations, manage contracts and SRM.
- Influence and add commercial rigour to an addressable group spend of c£30m.
- Actively seek, recommend and report on cost saving and where necessary challenge operational requirements and supplier spend.
- Provide input and support to the budget management process in planning and forecasting business area third party expenditure and benefits opportunities.
- Actively manage and monitor adherence to procurement process, governance and policy.
- Introduce the use of leading edge sourcing tools and techniques including purchase to pay efficiencies, partnering with Financial Control
- Review procurement strategy, structure, policy and process and implement enhancements to meet the longer-term requirements of the organisation.
- Lead / participate in cross-functional teams in the delivery of procurement opportunities.
- Operate as Procurement lead on any related projects.
- Work with Legal department in identifying additional contracting efficiencies and risk mitigation.
- Strive for continuous improvement in the service provided to the Business and generate ideas and initiatives to stimulate an ongoing pipeline of enhancements.
- Provide training and support to stakeholders and end users in the use of all related tools and systems and related procedures and processes and any changes/modifications as they arise.
- Empower, mentor and develop directly and indirectly at all levels of the business.
- Inspire and manage the performance of any direct reports conducting regular 1 to 1 sessions including, but not limited to, half-yearly and annual appraisals and personal development plans.
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a related subject.
- Successful, multi-year track record in a procurement organisation and private industry.
- Extensive category management, contract management and supplier management experience gained across a broad range of indirect categories.
- Demonstrated track record in IT/software procurement (this is where the majority of controllable expenditure lies).
- Proven track record of delivering sustainable cost savings, performance efficiencies and risk mitigation.
- Experienced in leading and implementing category strategies in a complex, non-mandated environment.
- Strong knowledge of procurement best practice tools, processes and systems.
- Ability to coach, develop and lead direct and cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in change management – rolling out system, process and organisational change.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or an equivalent relevant professional body.
- Project Management Qualification.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free babylon for you and your family
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table tennis and videogame competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance