Based in Whitstable, Kent
Circa £50k + Benefits
Lead a team and be responsible for all aspects of procurement activity associated with procuring a designated range of goods at optimum cost, delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
- Responsible for a small team of direct buyers and 1 indirect procurement specialist.
- Effectively manage all aspects of supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply whilst ensuring commercial terms are suitable for the long term aims of the business.
- Encourage a competitive and varied supply market by applying best practice tools and techniques to analyse spend and gain maximum strategic and tactical advantage.
- Able to calculate batch sizes to both manage cost reduction and reduce in-house transactions whilst still optimising inventory levels to ensure product availability in collaboration with the Supply Chain Analyst.
- Promote supplier relationship management and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues and identify potential opportunities to further develop collaboration and deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. Costs, Service and Quality).
- Strong focus on contract management, managing both tender and negotiation processes for new contracts and contract renewals.
- Equally strong focus on supplier KPI’s, further developing and utilising vendor score cards for effective decision making.
- Coaching and developing the team in all aspects of effective vendor management and relationship management.
- Working cross-functionally with key business areas such as Operations, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain Management.
- To provide appropriate procurement input to New Product Introduction projects and ensure that a robust supply chain is in place from initial launch to long term security of supply.
- To review all aspects of performance from your supplier base and to issue monthly reports detailing actions taken to obviate any failures or threats to the business; this would include Adverse Purchase Price Variance, Adverse OTIF and PPM.
- Estimated annual spend: £21million
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your Cv with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly