Director of Shared Services
Are you looking for a role where you are the accountable lead for a major & business critical Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) contract, acting as the primary point of contact with the Outsourced Service Provider? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Director of Shared Services who will be the senior service, commercial and functional lead with responsibility for the management of Business Support Services, ensuring effective stakeholder and supplier management and governance is in place. This role will also carry responsibility for performance management frameworks, risk management, issues resolution, financial management, change control and overall contract and statutory compliance.
To be successful in this role you will have high levels of resilience and personal integrity with the ability to build lasting relationships with both internal stakeholders and externally with 3rd Party Service Providers, essentially providing essential commercial and functional support for service and performance leads across the Commercial, Finance and HR business areas.
Ideally you will have:
- Applied knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing and HR contracts.
- An understanding of EU Procurement Directives/Public Contract Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of managing Service Integrators/Managed Service Providers in a multi-sourcing environment
- A relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
- Highly credible and commercially astute able to quickly establish strong, credible working relationships across a diverse stakeholder environment
- Proficient in the purpose, composition, interpretation, management and enforcement of complex service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of complex performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms and contract management processes
- Experience of the development and implementation of Supplier Relationship Management strategies
- Experience of managing large scale complex contracts, engaging with lawyers and other advisors as required
- Experience of commercial management and delivery at senior level
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing Strategic Supplier management plans
- An understanding of Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies
- Strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience
- Able to provide leadership and market insight to ensure maximum value for money is achieved
- Exhibits ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written) and various levels/audiences
- Able to interact and effectively influence senior stakeholders with or without authority, building collaborative partnerships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate, manage and coach direct reports to deliver specific tasks, embracing the use of Personal Development Reviews to manage and enhance performance
- Demonstrate an ability to engage by listening & communicating succinctly and clearly using appropriate methods to suit all audiences to maximise understanding and impact
- Generates effective solutions to complex problems, resolving queries and complaints
- Possesses a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Contracts Manager Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)