Are you looking for a role where you provide commercial advice to stakeholders on optimum routes to market and where you manage strategic bottleneck categories to deliver effective solutions? If so, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Category Manager who will deliver sourcing requirements supporting business as usual and project activities. You will provide a procurement service to deliver demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities.
- Highly effective communicator who can work with diverse group of stakeholders and senior managers.
- A good understanding of the principles of category.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines.
- Effective decision making and ability to clearly articulate recommendations escalated to senior managers.
- Good written & oral communication and interpersonal skill.
- Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with enquiries / requests / complaints / escalations and bring to a successful conclusion.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A successful career in procurement with procurement experience where key achievements centred on cost savings and value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated
- Good knowledge of EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
- Experience at using systems to generate management information/reporting to drive decision making.
- Experience of working at varying levels with internal and occasionally external stakeholders.
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)