Procurement Manager | FTSE 100 Giant | Hampshire
This iconic organisation has been through a period of transformation as they re-align their function and roll-out a more category aligned approach. This has given way to a number of exciting opportunities, with this role leading Indirect Procurement (including Marketing, HR & IT).
Leading a team of 5 this role requires someone who is an adept leader and used to setting the strategic direction of a team, whilst delivering to key Stakeholders across the business.
Working as a commercial business partner to the Senior Leadership Team, your role will be to implement procurement plans and strategies that deliver the specification and quality of services required whilst driving down costs and enhancing the organisation’s performance.
You will also play a leading role in the Supply Chain Leadership Team and procurement community driving forward procurement capabilities as an advocate and Subject Matter Expert to the business.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Sell and market procurement services and value to internal stakeholders, lead cross functional teams and develop effective internal relationships. Provide appropriate challenge and thought leadership to influence and support business decision making.
- Deliver procurement savings against target and work with Finance teams to ensure reporting of key metrics for cost savings and avoidance.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand and define requirements and develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to support them.
- Support the buyers in developing sourcing strategies in line with the businesses brand and operations policies. In each case ensuring quality, price and delivery meet our commercial, external and internal customers’ needs.
Your key skills will include:
- Able to demonstrate a high level of purchasing experience with previous experience of purchasing services in the travel industry.
- Experienced in category management and development of sourcing strategies.
- Excellent negotiating skills dealing with contracts of varying values and complexities and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and management skills. Hands-on management skills that drive understanding and staff development through high quality, consistent feedback.
This is a great opportunity – if you’re looking to develop your career and build on existing man-management capability, then please do send me your CV or call for confidential chat on 01962 869 838.