Indirects category manager (Procurement)
After a great growth period in early 2018 this leading innovative tech firm are looking for a indirects category manager to manage their indirect procurement function covering multi million pound, marketing, FM, HR and IT projects. This leading tech firm have recently been awarded employee engagement awards due to their investment in employees and great work life balance. This leading tech firm is fast growing having recently acquired one of their key competitors.
As an Indirect Procurement Manager you will autonomously own the indirects category and be involved in line managing 2 category managers within the function. There is an opportunity to grow in this role with several individuals within the organisation gaining promotion within a few years. With great procurement buy in at board level from CFO you will be able to create a cutting edge indirect procurement function embedding long term strategies and processes. Additionally with great responsibility this role will provide you with visibility to board level stakeholders providing you with the recognition you deserve.
Indirects category manager responsibilities:-
- Lead strategy development for the indirect procurement function ensuring all areas such as HR, Professional Services, IT and FM are covered.
- Ensuring cost optimisation and savings are delivered across all areas of indirect spend.
- Performing analysis on category spend data to ensure savings and cost avoidance on large scale multi million pound procurement projects.
- Reviewing existing terms with suppliers looking at KPI's to ensure best value.
- Working alongside the CFO and head of procurement to ensure procurement strategies and policies are adhered to throughout the organisation
- Building long term relationships with several big named suppliers
- Mentor and manage 2 category managers within the indirects category
Key skills required:-
- Proven ability in sourcing suppliers and negotiating tenders for key areas of indirect spend
- Ability to develop relationships and build rapport with existing and new suppliers
- Proven track record of producing cost savings on multi million pound projects.
- Highly ambitious with the aim of taking on additional responsibility to progress your career within a fast paced environment.
- MCIPs preferred but not essential
Joining this Leading Tech firm as a indirects category manager you will gain great responsibility and recognition. You will gain mentorship from senior members within the organisation and additionally you will be exposed to a global stakeholder network manging projects on an international scale.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV to JobsPH@Bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Apply for Indirects category manager (Procurement)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly