Category Specialist | FTSE Organisation | Surrey
Are you looking to become part of an award winning organisation that is leading the way in best practice procurement? As they continue their strategic journey, they are looking for high calibre procurement professionals to help them expand in key business areas.
As Category Specialist, you will develop and effectively communicate a strong working knowledge of the external market for the goods/service and support the development of category strategies for your areas of responsibility.
Although part of a larger team you will be proactive and confident sole working. You will be experienced in managing stakeholder relationships, helping to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and business priorities and be able to represent Procurement in meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To engage with the Business, understanding strategic business objectives and requirements. Support change work streams as applicable
- The Category Specialist is responsible for delivering sourcing initiatives and supporting the development of category strategies for their areas of responsibility. Maintain a strong working knowledge of the external market for the goods/service provided
- The Category Specialist will provide technical and market expertise to support their sourcing initiatives. Working with stakeholders to support the identification and management of supplier risk and issues
- Implement the sourcing plan to deliver agreed savings, in accordance with the category plan
Skills and Experience:
- Strategic sourcing and category management expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced negotiator; proficient in drawing upon and developing fact based negotiation plans
- Experience of working closely with and influencing internal stakeholders to ensure a successful commercial outcome
- Basic knowledge of contact law; proficient at drafting commercial contracts
- Commercially focused with proven ability of considering total cost of ownership and delivering added value
- Relevant experience of working within cross functional/business unit teams to deliver procurement projects