Category Buyer, Packaging
Our client is one of the fastest growing and award winning FMCG (food) companies with an international footprint. Their culture is fast moving and progressive and they are on a journey to build a ‘best in class’ group procurement function.
They have a requirement for a European Buyer to join the Packaging procurement team and work across all their well-recognised food brands across the UK and Europe. Working in the centralised Procurement team, you will own the flexible packaging spend (c€20m) which includes plastics, flow wrap and printed bags.
Working at a strategic and operational level, you will identify and deliver sourcing projects and category management to meet the business needs as well as promoting Procurement across the organisation as a ‘best in class’ function. This is a great time to join the company because they are growing rapidly through acquisition and there are multiple exciting projects to be delivered. This includes working closely with the R&D team on sustainable options for plastic packaging as well as sourcing new materials and different printing techniques.
• Work closely with senior management to build challenging and achievable cost reduction targets
• Identify savings opportunities, supported by analysis and stakeholder engagement
• Project manage all strategic sourcing initiatives across all flexible packaging spend areas
• Manage cross functional teams including key internal stakeholders and suppliers
• Working effectively with suppliers to ensure a high level of service and quality and that suppliers are treated fairly
Skills and experience required:
• An ambitious procurement professional with detailed knowledge of procurement principles (sourcing, tendering, contract and supplier management) gained in the FMCG sector, although Pharmaceutical, Packaging and Retail sectors will be considered
• Packaging category experience is preferred, although other Direct spend areas will be considered including ingredients, co-pack or contract manufacturing
• Solid commercial capability and negotiation skills
• Multi-cultural empathy and preferably pan-European experience
• Highly organised with project/programme management skills and the ability to drive, manage and deliver change
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to build consensus with stakeholders
• Naturally inquisitive and able to drive forward innovation and build best practice
• Graduate calibre