Key Purpose of Role;
Working closely with the Head of Buying (Clothing) to develop and plan commercial ranges driven by customer insights ensuring the product range meets overall strategy of the business.Responsible for categorymanagement from range plan to trading performance, ensuring a fashionable and balanced product range is delivered. Grow and maintain margin strategy in line with company strategy. Understand the marketplace, target customer and key competitors. Manage effective supplier negotiation to deliver margin targets and manage internal & supplier critical paths achieving initial plans. Work with Marketing to ensure brand support is in place and key messages are highlighted each season. Lead by example and develop junior members of the team. Liaising with other departments to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Working closely with the Buying team, Design and Merchandising team to develop a creative and balanced product range.
- To build a strong fashionable range and trade the department to deliver & exceed profit targets and deliver strategy KPI’s.
- Reports and effectively communicates all key information in trading meeting to senior buyer and director level.
- Confidently negotiate best prices to deliver profitable and on trend product ranges for allocated product categories, and managing OTB.
- Generates ideas and suggestion to impact the business with reference to promotions and mark downs.
- You will have to remain creative and driven when faced with difficult business performance and/or challenging directives from management and resolve tough business issues by remaining solution orientated.
- Understand brand identity and help manage the brand handwriting across all areas of the business.
- Ensure relevant trends and fashion is translated appropriately for the brand and customer.
- Work in collaboration with Head of Buying (Clothing) to ensure that suppliers deliver on their commitment to quality and ethical standards and work efficiently within our processes.
- Flexible approach and reacts quickly to changes in demand and make commercial decisions in a fast paced environment. Work closely with the merchandiser to review performance and develop areas of improvement.
- Undertakes preparation for Far East trips, and works closely with internal and external design & merchandising teams throughout the process to maintain effective communication and co-operation between them.
- Completes buying trips as needed.
- Supports senior buyers to develop new strategies for the business and department
- Ability to use strong communication, influencing and networking skills at all levels.
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path from concept through to delivery, managing supplier relationships in order to build stable long term relationships.
- Supports buyers with the development of one or more junior team members.
- Be commercially aware with solid understanding of the high street. Maintain trends and the market.
- Team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments.
- Run fit meetings and understand impact on critical path in decisions made, ensuing quality is checked against approved samples.
- Sample preparation for meetings such as; Look Book photoshoots, PR and Ecom for senior management ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily contact with stores, suppliers and warehouse to maintain sales performance, delivery procedures and resolving any barcode queries promptly.
- Acts on behalf of Head of Buying (Clothing) for various meetings.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, superiors and external partners.
- Effectively communicate with Store and Head Office departments, complying with internal processes.
Commitment to Equality:
Adhere to the Company’s commitment to equality both in its services and as an employer.
Flexibility: Work with a degree of flexibility required to perform your duties in addition to your Job Description in order to meet the needs of the business.