Buyer - 6 month FTC
Rapidly growing manufacturer require a buyer
A leading manufacturer in their industry
- To develop and implement drive plans to improve supplier performance (quality, delivery, costs), including the reduction of critical supplier lead-times to improve flexibility and responsiveness.
- To maintain supply continuity to manufacturing from external suppliers and to identify risks to supply continuity and develop drive plans to mitigate these risks.
- Ensure continuity of supply stock (direct spend) items and that suppliers lates are proactively progressed to avoid production shortages.
- To manage all communications with key suppliers and nominated vendors on behalf of Operations. This will include planning, business reviews, buffer stocking, over dues feedback and ensuring that supply contract provisions are executed appropriately.
- Diagnose causes of supply interruptions and report reasons to drive continuous improvement and elimination of root causes.
- Buyer or Senior buyer experience;
- Relational databases;
- Business risk assessment;
- Drawing sound conclusions from various sources of information to support a course of action
£25,000 - £30,000