Location: London - Newham Borough
Salary: £45 - £55k with bonus, pension, Health, death in service and holidays
Are you a Buyer who has Appetite and Drive and can lead - my client requires Buyers who can build genuine relationships with suppliers and can attract the right profile of suppliers for my client.Looking for strong driven individuals who want to be part of something exciting and not the average they need individuals who can challenge and get the very best for my client by running a matrix of tests with great qualification - Can you build good deal / supplier networks? if so please read on and if interested please send cv.
Plastics , Metal , Wood , Print experience Preferred !
My client requires the following from this role and my client also knows there are many buyers who do a good job however with huge growth potential my client are looking for a couple of buyers who can demonstrate as a very tactical approach to the job and a proactive not Re-active approach to buying. This role requires drive, leadership, accountability.
Below are some of the requirements from the role:
- The role need's an individual that can build supplier relationships and can Sustain a continuity of supplier relationships
- Build supplier Terms
- This role is all about buyer the right product, working and building the right relationships and create an energy taking the buying division and the business into more sustainable qualified supplier relationships. Responsibilities will be to numerous and focused around the following
- Develop understanding of commodity markets, which are the underlying cost driver to key purchases.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of markets to the business along with recommendations on buying decisions.
- Understanding key players in the market, who influence price.
- Provide expert, detailed knowledge and understanding to the wider business through the preparation of the monthly Procurement
- Execute effective supplier appraisal to recruit the appropriate supply base to support business continuity.
- Understanding supplier's capacity and capability requirements.
- Understand who are the key stakeholders within the business and develop appropriate relationships.
- Identify opportunity to further increase the effective involvement of purchasing.
- Ensure the procurement strategy is understood and supported by key stakeholders and relevant information is communicated.
- Maintain supplier materials database to capture potential supply partners for new materials
- Supplier evaluation programme.
- Review approved suppliers list.
The Ideal Candidate:
This role will only be suitable for energised, proactive and ambitious individuals who want to be part of a changing environment due to the growth potential of my clients business. My client will be looking at Leadership, drive and an individual that has life and has a hard work DNA. You will be an excellent communicator and demonstrate that you have a great personality with a passion and genuine interest in business and the running of a business. Buying is key to any business and the buyers in my client's eyes are 100% of the believe that the relationships that are built on a solid foundation with deliver longevity.
- experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Proven, demonstrable track record of cost reduction.
- Professional procurement qualification (C.I.P.S.) preferred not essential
- Experience of buying Plastics, Wood , Metal , Print industry is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills both internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build good working relationships.
- Analytical, highly numerate and able to understand complicated costing models, market indices and price structures.
- High levels of integrity and dealing with suppliers in an ethical manner.
- Reliable, tenacious and a flexible approach.
- Clean driving licence with the flexibility to travel as and when required
Apply for this job
If you are interested in this position, please click APPLY
DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.