Senior Commercial Manager
Due to on going rapid business growth and increased commercial activity the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) are seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to provide proactive and professional supplier and contract management services across CMA.
The Senior Commercial Manager will be part of a small commercial team supporting contract management functions across the CMA. This will involve development of contract management policy and procedures and direct support to the business in the management of contracts. The post holder will develop sourcing and procurement strategies in line with Government Commercial Function professional standards and play a key role in the management of suppliers, providing end to end perspective and advice. The post holder will additionally take a lead in oversight and assurance of low value purchasing delegated out to the business.
This is a pivotal role that involves managing the CMA’s key operational relationships, securing continuous improvement in service provision and cost reduction whilst minimising operational risk. The post holder will build effective relationships with both the CMA’s suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure that the services continue to meet CMA’s needs.
The successful applicant will be able to provide evidence and examples for each of the following selection criteria in their application:
- Professionally qualified (CIPS) with a sound general knowledge and experience of commercial contracting in comparable areas.
- Strong knowledge and experience of contract and supplier management in technology and people spend categories.
- Good communication experience, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing effective commercial strategies able to ensure service delivery at reduced cost and operational risk.
For full details about this role and the benefits of working at the CMA, please click on the apply button.
Closing date: 13 August 2018.
The CMA are an equal opportunities employer and we recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
More searches like this
- Contracts Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Procurement Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Purchasing Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Supply Chain Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)