Assistant Buyer Fashion
- Full Time
This role is fantastic for a Buyer Fashion who wants to step into product development within Fashion, has an eye for trend and is looking for a company where they can grow their career.
The role also maybe suitable for a Buyers Assistant with a year of experience who also wants to develop their career in a fast moving industry.
My client is a very well established retailer who are market leaders within their division. They are rapidly expanding hence the need for a new Assistant Buyer and are growing in both wholesale, online and via their retail outlets. They have a huge focus on work life balance and have a great office environment.
** We also have Assistant Buyer level roles with this retailer. If that is of interest please do apply or email me directly **
The skill set involved for a Buyer Fashion is -
- Work closely with the Buyer(s), Merchandiser to ensure product objectives and sales plans are delivered.
- Negotiate cost prices under guidance of Buyer, understanding the costing process and ensure target margins are met with the best product quality and delivery
- Attend fit session and ensure highest priority is fitted first. Make suggestions for improvements and resolutions.
- Understand the buying calendar and the range building process and contribute to building a commercial balanced range through active participation re product strategy, competitive benchmarking, sales history and ad hoc creative influencing opportunities
- Thorough critical path management (weekly meetings with BAA to ensure all dates up to date)
- Effective upward management of critical path issues (weekly meetings with Buyers to highlight any issues/ late approvals/ delays), proposing solutions
- Incorporate all shoot sample deadlines and book launch dates onto CP to ensure all key dates met
- Manage the product development process - chase development samples back for sign off meetings
- Work with technologist on any quality and delivery issues, agree actions and solutions for sign off with Buying Dept
- Attend sign off meetings and take notes for Buyer. Deputise confidently and effectively if Buyer is absent
- Carry out seasonal comparative shopping reports
- Have customer and competitive awareness and deal with customer service product queries in timely and professional manner
- Manage Supplier relationships well - regular email communication/ skype meetings/ phone calls
- Sending tech packs off and in some cases creating tech packs for cross costing. Ensure workbooks set up in advance of fits.
- Responsible for selecting and approving trims (support BAA if necessary)
- Responsible for approving all lap dip and bulk standards (support BAA if necessary)
- Owner of the buy sheet ensuring all info is accurate and up to date to order from
- Check drafts for the catalogue to ensure composition and washing instructions are correct