We are now recruiting for a Purchasing & Buying Coordinator to support the buying duties of our busy supply team.
Helvar is an international lighting technologies company, specialising in energy efficient and intelligent lighting products. Founded in Helsinki in 1921, we are a privately-owned Finnish company with a 90-year legacy in innovation and product development. Our Helvar spirit encourages everyone to participate, contribute and learn across our offices in UK, Finland and Sweden.
About the role
Helvar sells world-class products to customers across the EU and Far East. Getting the right products to the right places at the right time for our Helvar customers involves a dedicated behind-the-scenes operation. Working as part of our Logistics team, you’ll be at the heart of that operation making sure we procure the rights components at the right time.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be assisting in all buying duties including placing of orders and progressing the orders in line with expected delivery dates, having regular contact with suppliers and liaising with other internal departments where necessary.
Your inquisitive nature in wanting to understanding how products and components are manufactured and engineered will stand you in good stead to develop quickly and efficiently within this role and Helvar.
- Collaborating and preparing relevant data for reporting and analysis
- Assisting in the planning of orders to meet product delivery requirements.
- Assist in purchasing parts and components for current and future products
- Support the Procurement Manager in the supplier relationships to ensure optimum cost solutions for piece price through detailed cost analysis, on-going supplier relationships, negotiation and looking to enhance production processes
- Coordinate appropriate sourcing and supplier selection
- Undertaking projects with the team to help inform buying decisions
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders in regards to stock, packaging, transport and production
- Assisting in the review of the supplier base, negotiating and ensuring best value for money
- Be the first point of contact all commercial issues relating to suppliers
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- To match delivered items to the items on the delivery note and to then match the delivery note to the purchase order
- To check the quality of the items being delivered and to highlight any damage / faulty items
- Where items are missing from deliveries or are damaged / faulty to speak to the supplier to arrange missing or replacement items to be delivered, and report the issue to the Procurement Manager.
- Administrating the Company Product Data Management system, controlling product revision changes
- Administration of production orders and maintenance of BOM’s on ERP system.
- Liaising with Sales Order Processing to provide updates on deliveries
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience or interest in buying and procurement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving and ability to see the bigger picture
- Independent worker with high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Results driven and delivery oriented
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A proactive and self-starting individual who seizes and acts upon opportunity
- Flexible approach, willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances
- IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using SAP systems is desirable but not essential
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be a core part of the Logistics team and work closely with the Sales team to ensure product get the right customers on time.
- Courage to prioritize and take bold actions
- Create customer value in everything you do
- Take the initiative to collaborate for maximum value
- Prototype to be fast
- Always-On feedback
Our newly refurbished office is based on the South East London/Kent boarder in wooded greenland with easy access from central London. 35 minutes by train from London Bridge or via car on the A2 at the Dartford Heath Interchange/M25 Junction 2. Free staff shuttle bus from the station, free car park and a canteen onsite.
Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Christmas office closure
Cycle to Work scheme
Free tea and coffee
Annual Bonus Scheme
How to apply
Please submit apply via our website with a CV and cover letter by midnight on 30th September 2018
Shortlisting and interviews
Helvar is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly. All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; so if you’re shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview. We’ll also tell you if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process. If you don’t hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
For further information about us see our website www.helvar.com