At QinetiQ we’re dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer who specialises in Engineering Services, to join us working on a Permanent basis in the South East.
The role is responsible for providing; effective supply chain solutions, evaluation of the required current and future capabilities, and focused supplier relationship development to the benefit of the business.
This is a great opportunity for an individual, experienced in Engineering Services to join a large and successful procurement function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop any defence engineering services supply chain requirements providing subject matter expertise to other members of the campaign, bid or project teams.
- Responsible for implementing competitive agreements with preferred partners to support core demand.
- Develop relationships with existing and new suppliers that would make QinetiQ the customer of choice, enabling the delivery of supply chain innovation.
- Ensure that suitable Supply Chain and Quality Management plans underpin all relevant Procurement activity.
- Collaborate with: Business Development/ Category Leads/Procurement Leads/Project Leads, to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice Supply Chain; evaluation, development and assurance.
Qualification/Skills & Attributes:
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or studying towards MCIPS or equivalent.
- Experience and/or understanding of the principles and delivery of; Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Supply Chain Management.
- Delivery and achievement focused, managing conflicting priorities whilst working at pace.
- Ability to consider and evaluate the bigger picture whilst understanding the criticality of the details of delivery, risk and supply chain assurance.
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.