This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person with the right attitude who can demonstrate the ability to contribute to company growth and develop new skills to join a highly successful technology business with a sales led culture that recognises and rewards both individual and team on target performance.
Megnet is a distributor of digital network and accessories to customers in EMEA markets. We are expanding our West London centre of operations and seek a motivated and energetic Assistant Purchaser / Buyer to join our successful team.
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual with a good attitude who is also a team player with excellent communication skills. The Assistant Purchaser / Buyer will be responsible for purchasing products and supplying the sales team with accurate pricing and lead times in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Assistant Purchaser / Buyer is responsible for purchasing stock and ensuring logistics meet with the customer’s requirements. Accuracy and attention to detail are key requirements for this role, as well as maintaining consistent communication with your manager, and escalating any issues in a timely manner.
Pricing and Availability
- Work with sales to provide accurate pricing and availability information.
- Work to find solutions within the market for requests where pricing request is not for core products.
- Identifying and negotiating advantageous supplier agreement terms with leading global manufacturers and suppliers. Maintain the company’s competitive advantage as related to purchasing policy, by continually reviewing and ensuring we are purchasing at the best available price.
- Responsible for the action and resolution of all RMA's.
- Ensure return of product to suppliers for credit and also credits and pick up's have been arranged for faulty product to us.
- Stock Management - Ensuring good level of Core stock is kept at all times, ensure stock profiling is done with sales on a monthly basis.
- RMA Reporting - Report all RMA's and identify problematic suppliers for evaluation and aim to resolve any quality or lead-time issues.
- Ensuring all backorders are purchased at the lowest purchase price possible and best lead time to meet the business needs
- Chase suppliers where needed for all backorder purchase to ensure all products are shipped before the end of the month.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant industry experience – networking, IT hardware, IT accessories
- Supervisory of people experience
- An understanding of the products and services within the Megnet portfolio.
- Motivated with positive helpful attitude; diligent.
- Excel and MS Office Skills are essential.
- Organised and methodical, able to work on own initiative.
- Must be a team player who interacts well with colleagues.
- Good computer skills.
Education & Qualifications
- A Level minimum or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- CIPS or MCIPS (desirable)
- Fluent English language
We offer talented professionals a dynamic and exciting working environment, where innovation is encouraged and results are well rewarded. The company is growing rapidly and there is opportunity for career progression.
We are a professional, hardworking, sociable and friendly team and some of the perks of the company are free lunches, social and activity outings and an annual ski trip.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV. Your application will not be considered without a covering letter. Please ensure you live within 45 minutes commute.