Health and Safety and Environment Specialist
Health and Safety and Environment specialist
Competitive salary + bonus potential + excellent benefits
Gatwick – Extensive UK & ROI travel
The scope of the role covers all QSHE topics (Safety, Health, Quality, Sustainability, and Security) within the retail environment of Boutiques, Trade Points of Sale and Trade / Marketing Events. The role provides support by sharing best practice, providing expert retail knowledge and engaging with teams and challenge by ensuring compliance with standards.
The Nespresso story began with a simple but revolutionary idea: enable anyone to create the perfect cup of espresso coffee, just like a skilled barista. From this beginning more than twenty-five years ago, the Nespresso brand concept - exceptional Grand Cru coffees, smart, stylish coffee machines and personalised, exclusive services - has revolutionised the way people enjoy their coffee and has evolved from pioneer to being the reference in portioned premium coffee.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Support and challenge the Boutique network to deliver the Health and Safety and Environment (QSHE) strategy
- Represents the department at Retail project meetings and ensure QSHE aspects are considered and implemented
- Work with Event Managers and QSHE team to ensure QSHE aspects are considered and implemented
- Provide the Retail perspective for the QSHE team and wider Nespresso business
- Conduct /Review H&S Risk Assessments and implement safe systems of work
- Utilise expert knowledge of QSHE team as required
- Contribute towards and support the roll out of corporate initiatives / projects/events
Who are we looking for?
- Health and Safety environmental background – ideally within food retail, premium retail or consultancy
- Significant experience within Health and Safety environment with demonstrable track record of delivery
- Good all round knowledge of EHS legislation
- Knowledge of the quality and H&S management systems – ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001
- Ability to travel UK, including Ireland, potentially up to 50% of your time
- ISO 9001 and or OHSAS 18001 Auditor training (Internal/Lead Auditor) – Desirable but not essential
- NEBOSH General Certificate - Essential
- Membership of a professional body (IOSH) – Essential
What you need to know
Nespresso offers a strong package for this role which includes, a competitive salary, bonus potential, pension, share options, 25 days holiday + bank holidays + flex days, Nestle flexible benefits and discounts, as well as a Nespresso machine and monthly coffee allowance.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.