Digital Planner Buyer
One of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries.
Their ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time to join!
Working on the flagship brand, this role is pivotal in leading the planning and buying of digital activation campaigns (including display, mobile and social). Supporting the activation manager and director with the strategic direction of the team and clients, you will ensure excellent client management and strategic implementation of campaigns. You’ll also have line management experience of analyst / executives.
- Campaign Management
- Managing campaigns effectively on a day to day basis.
- Input on performance optimisation and report to key stakeholders as required.
- Prioritise tasking across multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Managing and supporting Client Planning teams across the business.
- Overall responsibility for the planning and procurement of all Activation campaigns.
- When required, responsible for client facing presentations on implementation strategy, campaign recommendations and EOC insight and analysis.
- Management and analysis of available data sources (DMP, 2nd & 3rd Party)
- Playing an integral part in day to day reporting
- Retaining an expert level of knowledge of digital display
- Meeting with agency partners on a regular basis and feeding back knowledge to the wider agency team and clients if needed
- Prospecting for opportunities to innovate
- Working collaboratively with the Client Planning team to ensure the output matches or excels the expectation from a brief.
- Contributing to new business and pitch work as required.
- Ensuring good work is PR’d internally and/or put forward for external recognition.
- Manage development/mentoring of an activation executive
- Act as consultation and escalation point to activation executive
- Monitoring the day to day aspects of junior employees’ work to ensure high quality output.
- Setting benchmarks for personal development within team
- Providing on the job training and learning opportunities for the activation executive
- Delegating successfully to deliver high quality work promptly into internal stakeholders and clients.
Quality of output
- Excellent attention to detail and rigour around working documents.
- Good time keeping.
- Accurate and timely financial administration.
- Retaining professionalism in a working environment with colleagues at all levels.
Who we’re looking for:
- A good understanding of display planning and buying experience from a media agency background. Ideally you will also have some trading and commercial experience.
- A good knowledge of the fundamentals of both ad-serving and the display technology landscape.
- Significant experience of planning and buying media
- Digital planning experience within an agency, working across various sector accounts
- Knowledge of the DSP landscape and preferably proven experience in working with an agency trading desk.
- A broader understanding of communications planning would also be desirable.
- Line management and experience of developing junior team members
- A degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject field.