Head of Logistics Development
An exciting opportunity is available for a Head of Logistics Development to join our client a global retailer based in London.
This position will join the growing companies Logistics function and may involve regular travel across both the UK and Internationally.
You will report into the Director, Logistics Development and will assist in identifying and leading changes within the Logistics function to improve efficiency, cost and business performance.
This is a full scope opportunity that has responsibility for leading and delivering, project management, design, implementation and efficiency improvements of the supply chain & logistics model.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Staying up to date and reporting on industry best practice and identify opportunities for deployment within the supply chain and logistics function
- Responsible for 1 direct report within the business logistics development operation
- Serving as subject matter expert, providing supply chain and logistical expertise and support to wider business projects and implementations
- Justify additional functionality and secure additional funding from key decision makers
- Create and develop migration and implementation plans and budgets for supply chain and logistics
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with key cross functional stakeholders within the business
- Seek, identify and deliver opportunities to reduce costing within shipping and logistics by utilising cheaper shipping options
- Manage design consultants and key contractors to budget costs and plan
- Finalise design elements, engaging with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Support the warehouse management system roll out, minimizing impact to service and cost and aligning with the business and brand migration plans
- Overseeing and managing network space modelling to meet current and future forecast requirements
- Lead, organise and coordinate the wider Logistics change programme
- Create and maintain detailed brand action plans within supply chain and logistics
- Inform and recommend brand configuration and sizing
- Lead the business data analysis to support the change programme
- Work collaboratively across the business to gain buy in and ownership
Skills & Experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing international supply chain / logistics
- Years of experience within a fast moving, multi-site retail environment ideally within a supply chain/logistics development function
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate large volumes of complex data into insightful analysis and plans
- Project management experience of sizeable, complex change initiatives and start- ups
- Excellent inter-personal skills, able to collaboratively work across functions and at a senior leadership level
- Senior operational management experience in demanding, fast paced, time critical environments, across multiple sites and 3PLs
- Strong IT skills including; MS Office, particularly Excel
Core Skills: Supply Chain, Logistics, 3PL, Retail, Project Management, Design
For more information on this opportunity please apply today!
Apply for Head of Logistics Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly