Procurement Opportunities - McCormick EMEA
Why join McCormick?
There’s something inspiring about working at McCormick, perhaps it’s our iconic brands and the global nature of our business. We have a culture that challenges and empowers employees to be themselves and do their best. Our diversity fuels innovation and drives growth, Flavor is at the heart of everything we do at McCormick.
We’re the world’s global leader in flavour. We manufacture, market and distribute spices, herbs, seasonings and other flavours to the entire food industry. Our Customers range from retail outlets and food service providers to food manufacturers. We employ approximately 10,000 employees and now have exciting opportunities to join our Procurement team on interim and permanent basis.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, join us in saving the world from boring food.
Our EMEA Procurement teams covers Raw Materials, Co manufacturing, Packaging and Indirect (including Transport & Logistics) categories and are highly involved in the McCormick New Product Development process which is one of key focus for Growth.
The Procurement team is headed up by the Procurement Director leading a team located in UK, France, Italy, South Africa, Turkey and Poland.
Each Procurement Category management team is in charge of an EMEA portfolio of products and thus ability to work in a multicultural and matrix environment is key.
We are looking for procurement professionals, who are looking to develop their career working within one of our categories at Buyer or Senior Buyer level to be based from one of our EMEA locations:
UK Haddenham (near Oxford, commutable from London) or Littleborough (near Manchester), Lancashire
Poland Stefanowo, near Warsaw
Italy Near Florence
Key characteristics needed to be successful within our team are:
- Graduate level, or equivalent in a business related discipline. A purchasing qualification (e.g. CIPS) is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in a strategic procurement role: Commodity based experience desirable.
- Able to take a strategic view of a business, formulate potential improvements, communicate them effectively and translate them into realistic projects.
- Exposure to international markets and projects would be beneficial.
- Fluency in English is essential. A second European language is desirable.
- Excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills: ability to influence decisions at all levels of business with a demonstrable track record of successful negotiation.
- Self-motivated and adaptable: displays flexibility in complex, ambiguous or stressful situations
- Innovation - Risk: create an environment that encourages innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Practical experience in cost analysis, preferably in an SAP environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to lead & influence people and drive change effectively without formal authority levels
- Potential for future leadership, either in Procurement or in other positions such as sales, marketing, finance and operations
More About Us
McCormick is a global leader in flavour, with sales of over $4.8bn. We have leading brands in each of our core markets, such as McCormick (USA), Schwartz (UK), Ducros & Vahiné (France), Kamis (Poland), and Margao (Portugal). Drogheria & Alimentari (Italy), while our manufactured products are a core offering of many of the world’s leading food and restaurant companies. We continue to grow faster than the global FMCG market average.
Please apply to find out more about these opportunities. We offer a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and excellent working environment.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.