Buyer - 12 months Maternity Cover, USC, Berners Street London
At USC we’ve been sourcing the latest trends and forging exciting brand partnerships for the past 2 decades - and we’re not about to stop anytime soon! Constantly moving forward and leading the way with our unrivalled ranges of branded clothing, footwear and accessories.
It’s all go here at our head office too! Whether you are buying, merchandising or helping ensure our site is up and running – there’s always something to get involved with. Our fast paced, dynamic and friendly team is a great place to start your career in fashion.
We are currently searching for a Buyer
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Work in conjunction with the Retail team and department
- Buyer to develop merchandise guidelines for the forthcoming season and new product development
- Conduct regular benchmarking of competitor ranges, completing quarterly reviews, seeking missed opportunities and ideas where appropriate
- Negotiating prices, discount terms and transportation / delivery with suppliers and developing long term contractual relationships
- Raising orders on the system and ensuring allocations are correct to stores
- Monitor sales and manage stock levels
- Manage category pricing strategy, ensuring competitive yet profitable offering Manage wider business projects
- Set up new supplier account details ensuring all suppliers are aware of and understand requirements for product standards, labelling, deliveries
- Effectively communicate across different departments of any product issues
- Complete regular store visits nationwide to monitor and address merchandising or layout guideline issues that may arise.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Confident working in a small team
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills Flexible, collaborative approach to work.
- Have a proven ability to problem solve in a productive and efficient manner.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook A real passion, knowledge and understanding of womenswear
- Sound communicator both written and front facing Extremely well-organised and methodical with a good level of common sense and initiative
- Ability to adapt and problem solve within a fast-moving, changeable environment
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- A quick thinker with strong communication, analysis and numerical skills
- Attention to detail with a good understanding of stock control and planning
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience in managing a critical path with multiple suppliers and categories Experience independently managing a range/brand
- Would suit an assistant merchandiser with good product knowledge looking for a new challenge or a strong analytical assistant buyer
Flexible to travel within the UK/EU to suppliers, stores and head office in Nottinghamshire