Contract / Services Buyer
The OPA is a Public Corporation sponsored by Secretary of State for Defence, through the MOD’s Departmental Sponsor. We are the MOD’s professional expert on bulk fuels storage and our current mission is to provide for the safe, efficient, economic and effective management of 6 Naval Oil Fuel Depots (OFDs) and 2 Petroleum Depots in Cheshire.
We currently have a vacancy for a Contracts/Services Buyer based at our offices in Gosport, Hampshire.
As part of the Procurement Team you will be involved in tendering processes to select and award contracts to suppliers for construction and other services for contractors required to work in a high hazard environment in a safe and effective manner; paying particular attention to our role as intelligent client.
This post will be based at Gosport, although a significant amount of travel to our operational sites with some overnight stays will be required, therefore a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential.
The responsibilities include:
- To support the Quantity Surveyor assisting when required in “Pre-Start” and “Project Review”.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best contractor to meet the supply requirement.
- Management of contractors.
- Identify potential suppliers of goods and services to be included in specific procurement tenders.
- Audit existing suppliers as part of a team.
- Prepare and manage contracts.
- Raise purchase orders, and progress chase where necessary for the delivery of goods and/or services.
- Maintain records relating to supplier performance.
- Resolve any quality issues within the supply base effectively.
- Provide information or approvals for the approval of invoices.
- Maintain and keep up to date contract files/databases.
- Assist in the scoping of tender documents and administering the tendering process.
- Contribute to the Evaluation of bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors/criteria.
Candidates will have 3-5 years’ experience in a procurement role, preferably within the construction or oil and gas industries and may be studying or working towards CIPS.
You will be able to build strong credible and positive working relationships with established and potential new suppliers, effective IT skills are essential to this role. A knowledge of NEC type of contracts, Public Sector procurement processes, including OJEU could be an advantage. More importantly the ability to be adaptable, collaborative and dynamic yet methodical with good questioning and listening skills are a must.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes 30 days holiday plus bank/public holidays, life assurance and excellent Defined Contribution pension scheme.
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or post, marked Strictly Confidential, to Human Resources Department, Oil and Pipelines Agency, Clive House, Floor 6, 70 Petty France, Westminster, London SW1H 9EX.
Your covering letter should give an indication of your salary expectations.
Apply for Contract / Services Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly