If you're looking for logistics graduate jobs in London and are interested in working for one of the most famous electrical manufacturers in the world, this new role as a Logistics Coordinator could be perfect for you. Joining a global business with a commitment to sustainability, you'd be developing your skills in a number of different areas, whilst learning about the day-to-day running of a multi-national company.
In this Logistics Coordinator graduate job, you will be joining a leading manufacturer of electronics whose products include elevators, solar panels, air conditioning systems and escalators. With sustainability at their core, they are committed to becoming a global green corporation with as little environmental impact as possible. As they continue to charge forward in technological advancements, they are looking to find a Logistics Coordinator to come on board their London team.
In this Logistics Coordinator graduate job, you will be tasked with managing the external demands via the sales and service teams, as well as the procurement of spare parts. You will be working closely alongside members of the procurement team, and will be responsible for a specific material group (chillers and associated products spare parts). You need to be willing to get stuck in from day one, as you will be instrumental in forecasting key decisions, undertaking project work and dealing with administrative tasks relating to order placing and inbound deliveries.
In this Logistics Coordinator graduate job, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking on responsibility for spare parts - placing stock orders, ensuring that parts are shipped correctly and delivered to the customer within an appropriate time frame
- Becoming a key point of contact for external suppliers - dealing with new orders and queries on existing orders
- Liaising with regional offices to communicate any updates regarding orders, deliveries and delays, and ensuring that this is relayed back to the customer
- Attending all relevant inter-departmental meetings (logistics / sales / operations) to ensure that relationships are upheld and any queries resolved
- Managing spare parts stock - including creating materials in SAP, booking in and out of stock and stock transfers
- Assisting the Procurement Operations Manager in projects where required
- Ensuring that all internal and external emails are responded to in a timely yet efficient manner
- Answering telephone calls and remaining professional at all times
- Approving and signing purchase orders in accordance with compliance approval limits
- Understanding and complying with all relevant company policies
So, what are we looking for?
- A 2.1 from a good university
- 1 year's customer service experience is essential
- Someone who is IT Literate and confident using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The drive to work hard and excel in the role
- Experience within the chiller market would be a plus
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team to overcome obstacles
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills, plus the ability to meet deadlines
What else is on offer?
- A highly competitive starting salary of £22,000 - £25,000 + a discretionary end-of-year company performance bonus
- Subsidised canteen
- Free car parking on-site
- Health care and dental insurance schemes
- Pension scheme
- Sports and Social Club (MSSC) scheme - entitling employees to a range of trips at a discounted rate
- Reward MEE - benefit which allows employees to apply for retail gift cards at reduced rates
- Subsidised gym membership
- A generous 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays) for the first year - increasing to a maximum of 27 days!
Looking for logistics graduate jobs in London and want to work for a world-leading electronics manufacturer? If you're organised, personable and hard-working, apply for this Logistics Coordinator graduate job in London today!