Materials Buyer - 12 Month FTC
My client are looking for a Buyer, who will ensure the specified materials are provided on sites to meet programmes, specifications and estimates.
This role is for a brilliant Housing Association who value their staff and offer a brilliant base salary, benefits and flexible working hours. With sites in Hove and Ashford and offices in Horsham and Central London, you must be able to drive/travel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to write clear and concise reports for internal and external audiences.
- Experience of working within a residential house builder as a materials buyer
- Proven experience of procurement practices and processes on construction projects.
- Experience maybe gained from a similar position or promotion
- A good understanding or building regulations and legal obligations
- A good knowledge or construction methods and materials
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- A sound understanding of contract management, and contract law.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Able to produce, analyse and present complex information/numerical and qualitative data.
- Strong IT literacy; Able to effectively use IT systems, devices and software and learn new software packages - (Microsoft packages)
- Ability to manage demanding workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- Good business sense
- Good understanding of budget management
- Negotiating and networking skills