Middlesex or split week based Middlesex/Midlands
£50,000-£60,000 pa plus car allowance, bonus & benefits
- Are you an experienced food buyer in categories such as meats, poultry, fish or dairy?
- Do you have experience working for a food manufacturer?
- Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative, leading manufacturer and distributor with top class retail and contract customers?
- Do you enjoy working in an ambitious and friendly team where you will be given both support and autonomy to make key buying decisions?
If the answer is yes, our client is looking for you!
Our client is a UK leading food manufacturer and supplier with numerous manufacturing and distributions centres across the country. They supply over 3 million goods per week to retailers and contract caterers. Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity is now available to join in a strategic Procurement Manager vacancy.
As a Procurement Manager you will be working in an established team reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic category plans to actively manage the supply base and deliver value to the Group through cost savings, quality, efficiencies and service levels.
There is flexibility for the successful candidate to split their time working at the Middlesex office and Midlands based office (Hotel and dinner expenses covered by the employer).
- Utilise Category Management principles to initiate and implement strategic plans for direct and indirect categories under your control
- Initiate and manage projects to reduce the cost base, enhance quality and deliver innovation within the marketplace
- Manage the tendering process for categories under your authority, ensuring the negotiation and implementation of best value contracts through pricing and quality, using a variety of approaches to tender
- Develop and actively manage strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring business requirements are understood and met and that supplier performance is measured and regularly evaluated
- Source new products/suppliers as appropriate to support the Group’s commercial offering, ensuring the necessary criteria are met in respect of production process, quality, delivery and costs
- Implementation and ongoing management of the benchmarking of materials and prices
- Work cross-functionally to ensure appropriate products, price & quality solutions are effectively sourced, implemented and sustained
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with internal stakeholders / customers.
- Generate insight into their motivation to effectively influence adoption of procurement strategies
- Initiate and adapt to change within the business to effectively deliver improvements in the procurement process
The ideal candidate
- Previous purchasing buying procurement experience ideally in a food manufacture
- Experience of strategic contract negotiations with key Suppliers in food industry
- Strong customer service ethos and robust stakeholder management approach
- CIPS qualified ideally or relevant degree and experience
Armstrong Lloyd is a specialist recruitment services provider. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant, regrettably only those selected will be contacted.