My client are expanding theirteam for 2018! They are looking for a new Pre-Contracts Manager / QS to join their successful and busy team in the heart of the city. We work exclusively in London, and pride themselves on delivering fresh and exciting workplace design projects.
This role requires an experienced self-starter with the ability to take responsibility and manage the commercial success of multiple large-scale multi-phased projects efficiently and to a high standard. Experience within a fast track workplace Design & Build environment is crucial for us to be able to make accurate 'on the spot’ decisions.
Backgrounds that will be considered:
- Preparation of budgets and cost plans at concept stage, based on initial design intent information
- Issuing and obtaining tenders from suppliers and subcontractors
- Negotiation and preparation of sub-contractor/supplier terms and conditions
- Preparation and maintenance of the contract documentation - usually JCT format
- Cost control and variation agreement with client’s representatives
- Preparing and communicating project account with client’s representatives at all stages
- Reporting project profit
- A determined and committed team player who understands the importance of closely supporting and collaborating with colleagues to achieve the best results
- Proven high level commercial skills and contractual awareness
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail
- Good time management; ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Energy, drive and 'can do’ attitude is essential; demonstrates initiative